Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Looking into Supercharging!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 07:37 PM
Rickgee

Originally Posted by 5POINTOH
I just went to their website and nothing seems to be on sale....I am looking for a Saleen Super Shaker.
I am looking for a Saleen Super Shaker as well in Canada and have been quoted 8500.00 here before taxes installed with custom tune for the 425HP unit and add another 500.00 for the 475HP unit. The one good thing is the CDN $ is now higher than the US $ so the timing is right for the positive exchange rate.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:42 PM
bigmike06gt
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Rickgee
I am looking for a Saleen Super Shaker as well in Canada and have been quoted 8500.00 here before taxes installed with custom tune for the 425HP unit and add another 500.00 for the 475HP unit. The one good thing is the CDN $ is now higher than the US $ so the timing is right for the positive exchange rate.
Drive to the states and you could get that so much cheaper!!!

If it wasn't such a drive I would like to go to Brenspeed and have everything installed and tuned but 2900km(1800M) and approx. 32hrs driving to get there may be a bit much!! I really like the looks of there 500hp stage 2 Saleen kit. I love the looks of the supershaker but not sure if I would like how loud it is.
Old 03-04-2011, 08:28 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Rickgee
Damn.. with that much money, I would build up the motor and then get a supercharger. 475hp is great, but go forged and get 650whp
Old 03-08-2011, 09:36 AM
discofan
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by bigmike06gt
I said in my last post that my car ran out of warranty a couple years ago so it wasn't a concern???
Dear BigMike06GT,

Depending on where you live, I would plan to drive the car into the USA and schedule an appointment to have a supercharger installed here...

The pricing may be lower than what you can get in Canada and you will have the same tuning options when the supercharger is installed...

Think about it because at your mileage 78K, you probably shouild not get one of the higher boost superchargers... You should think about your internals and the mileage on them may prove to be too much on the motor...

If you lived in Toronto, you could easily drive in Detroit or further into Indiana and visit Brenspeed, Inc...

My Saleen Supercharger was installed at a Ford Dealership for $1,000 US plus a tune and additional items will run you about $1,500 US total... And the cost of the supercharger unit itself and you are at $6,000 US... Same as in Canada!!!

If you live in the western part of Canada, I'm sure that there are several installers in the Seattle area too...

Good Luck to you, Dave

Last edited by discofan; 03-08-2011 at 09:40 AM.
Old 03-09-2011, 03:23 AM
5POINTOH
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by discofan
Dear BigMike06GT,

Depending on where you live, I would plan to drive the car into the USA and schedule an appointment to have a supercharger installed here...

The pricing may be lower than what you can get in Canada and you will have the same tuning options when the supercharger is installed...

Think about it because at your mileage 78K, you probably shouild not get one of the higher boost superchargers... You should think about your internals and the mileage on them may prove to be too much on the motor...

If you lived in Toronto, you could easily drive in Detroit or further into Indiana and visit Brenspeed, Inc...

My Saleen Supercharger was installed at a Ford Dealership for $1,000 US plus a tune and additional items will run you about $1,500 US total... And the cost of the supercharger unit itself and you are at $6,000 US... Same as in Canada!!!

If you live in the western part of Canada, I'm sure that there are several installers in the Seattle area too...

Good Luck to you, Dave
So total cost for you was about $8500? If so, I thought these kits come with everything you need and there is no need to purchase anything else.

I heard JDM is probably the best place to buy the Saleen Chargers as they usually have some good sales come Black Friday and/or at Christmas time.
Old 03-10-2011, 10:48 PM
sycd
2nd Gear Member

I just installed the M90 and I'm very happy with it. I ended-up installing it myself with a friend during a week-end, and I'm not a mechanic. It's really not that hard, just a lot of steps. The Roush documentation is pretty good. Take your time and make sure you have all the tools, and you will save a lot of cash. Plus you know a lot more about your car at the end of the process.

Overall the blower is amazing. Roush must have tweaked things a bit, the latest rev of the blower is rated at 445hp, which is plenty. Upgrade with the Roush CAI to go to 460. Or swap the pulley to be close to 500hp. Sure it's not as much as some other kits, but it is very safe and it's already a lot more power than stock.

I'm currently running with the Roush tune (overnight your PCM and they'll overnight it right back to you after applying their tune) and modified stock airbox and it is a monster. Torque is right there down low, you can really feel the difference. The car is still very drivable without pushing it, actually easier to drive than some tuners who go little crazy with throttle sensitivity to make their tunes "feel" faster than they really are.

The blower is actually not that loud unless you get on it. I actually thought it would be louder. It really screams when you mash the throttle though, it sounds amazing.

Anyway, my $0.02. I would do it again in a heart-beat.
Old 03-11-2011, 12:13 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

^^ Congrats on the blower!

I really wish I had a chance to drive, or at least sit in a bolt on M90/500hp kit.

I have a Vortech going intercooled soon and though it will make 450whp as is, I am still very tempted to go with the M90... though to get those numbers, it'll be much harder...