Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Satellite Radio

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2011, 09:18 PM
Goldenpony
5th Gear Member

Default Satellite Radio

I just received my Ford add on Sirius Satellite radio kit from SLP Electronic. Looks like it will be pretty simple to install. I have to pull the Shaker 500 head unit to plug in the harness. I am going to mount the Satelitte receiver under the passanger seat, fastened to the carpet with electric fan nylon tie mounts. The antenna is magnetic mount and will mount to the trunk lid on my '06 GT 'vert.
Old 02-23-2011, 10:03 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

Im getting the XM addition to my new Pioneer installed this week.
I'm getting the new XM subscription that comes with Sirius as well for just a little more a month. (like two bucks or something)
Old 02-24-2011, 03:20 PM
illini4
1st Gear Member

I put the same kit in my 07 GT vert. I mounted the receiver in the trunk and ran the harness along the driver side floor. You have to remove some panels and the rear seat cushion, but it's a pretty clean installation. If you put it under the seat, you'll have a lot of harness to stow somewhere. I now have my antenna on the panel ahead of the deck lid - no reception problems at all. I put it on the deck lid at first, but opening and closing the lid flexed the cable and caused it to separate where it enters the antenna flexible stub. Had to get anther antenna.
Old 02-24-2011, 03:45 PM
DJ_Critterus

I've done everything to avoid using Sirius or XM again due to billing practices I don't agree with. Well, that and I canceled service twice only to find my credit card still getting billed for three more months even after getting confirmation that my account was canceled properly and refunds were credited back. Took a while longer to get my refund, but I finally got the entire amount. There's no sense in paying for radio that's supposed to be commercial free unless there's a particular station or few you simply can't live without.

I'll stick to Slacker Radio on my phone for free.
Old 02-25-2011, 08:15 AM
99horsey
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by DJ_Critterus
I've done everything to avoid using Sirius or XM again due to billing practices I don't agree with. Well, that and I canceled service twice only to find my credit card still getting billed for three more months even after getting confirmation that my account was canceled properly and refunds were credited back. Took a while longer to get my refund, but I finally got the entire amount. There's no sense in paying for radio that's supposed to be commercial free unless there's a particular station or few you simply can't live without.

I'll stick to Slacker Radio on my phone for free.
I'm adding an aux in to my car so I can do Pandora/Slacker. I don't drive the car often enough to pay for Siruis/XM. I have it in other vehicles though. For those interested in Sirius or XM, make sure you call and tell them you want to quit so they give you a better deal. Sometimes you have to call a few times, but it's worth it. Full price for XM or Sirius is a rip-off, but at half price, it's not too bad...
Old 02-26-2011, 04:34 PM
Goldenpony
5th Gear Member

Default Sirius

It's in, and I love it.
Old 02-27-2011, 08:39 PM
pork
1st Gear Member

Just about everybody I know has had credit card problems with Sirius. I refused to give them a credit card number and told them to bill me. I send a check once a year.. works great. Just wrote a check tonight. Have it on the OEM radio in my mariner and on a portable that I move around to which ever vehicle I'm driving.

Pandora radio is a great alternative if you have a smart phone. I run it from my droid X through my truck radio all the time & it works great..
Old 02-28-2011, 09:40 AM
JAMAMAN
2nd Gear Member

Hey just a word of advice to everyone. I was with Sirrius for three years now. I have it hooked up to my after market Pioneer nav deck. All i did was pay for the whole year in advance one shot. Then i called a month later and spoke to customer retention and told them to cancel my contract cause i have free internet radio on my Iphone. So they gave me 50 percent off on the billing and they gave me a free boom box just so i can keep the subscription. So i call every year and demand the same deal, so they kept giving me the 50 percent off. The key is make sure you only talk to "Customer Retention or Customer Relations" and not the first person you get. You must pretend like you want to cancel the contract and they wont call your bluff. Good luck
Old 02-28-2011, 03:46 PM
99horsey
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by JAMAMAN
Hey just a word of advice to everyone. I was with Sirrius for three years now. I have it hooked up to my after market Pioneer nav deck. All i did was pay for the whole year in advance one shot. Then i called a month later and spoke to customer retention and told them to cancel my contract cause i have free internet radio on my Iphone. So they gave me 50 percent off on the billing and they gave me a free boom box just so i can keep the subscription. So i call every year and demand the same deal, so they kept giving me the 50 percent off. The key is make sure you only talk to "Customer Retention or Customer Relations" and not the first person you get. You must pretend like you want to cancel the contract and they wont call your bluff. Good luck
Right. And if at first you don't succeed, try again. It's a matter of persistence. One go 'round, I had to call 4 or 5 times to find a customer retention rep who would actually give me a deal.
Old 02-28-2011, 10:42 PM
JAMAMAN
2nd Gear Member

you got it my man. Usually if a guy answers the phone, then i hang up right away. But if its a happy go lucky girl, then i push her till the deal is in my favor. I have no mercy for corporations cause they are making a gazillion out every person that pays the good old fashion way without negotiating.

Quick Reply: Satellite Radio