Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Truth of myth?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 06:06 AM
Power-House

Ford-A-Tude, I know what you mean, My mid pipe is catted though that's why I don't think i should really lose any seat of pants feel. I heard if you have an offroad mid pipe and a straight threw alxe back, then you might lose some hp. But I don't know
Old 04-06-2011, 06:10 AM
Power-House

ADK2012GTCS, that would be great! I would like to have all the information on this I can. Thanks again!!
Old 04-06-2011, 12:36 PM
ADK2012GTCS

Originally Posted by Power-House
ADK2012GTCS, that would be great! I would like to have all the information on this I can. Thanks again!!
Here's a direct quote from my father-in-laws reply:
"I gave our Mustang sales guy the honors of responding to the concerns of loosing HP with our system. But NO WAY do you lose hp."

Then he put in a link to an article about their Camaro SL1: http://www.mpt.org/motorweek/reviews/rt3030a.shtml

Hope this helps.
Old 04-06-2011, 12:48 PM
yourmyboybh1026
3rd Gear Member

The stock system flows so good that changing the axel backs and the mid pipe are really for sound (especially since you are staying with a catted mid pipe). You'll be fine.
Old 04-06-2011, 01:01 PM
Bmr4life
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by alkemist
Tune will help with the overall performance of the car and wake it up. As for having a tune written specifically for the use of the SLP's, it's not required.
I don't think its even possible.
Old 04-06-2011, 02:28 PM
Power-House

I hope your father in-law was right. I have a goal to get to 310rwhp(all bolt ons) and I can't afford to lose any. But knowing this information is coming from somebody that works with slp I feel better about the loudmouths. Thanks again for your help it was really appreciated!
Old 04-06-2011, 02:32 PM
Bmr4life
5th Gear Member

The only rumor I've heard is you can lose some low end torque by reducing back pressure. But even the LM's wouldn't effect that.
Old 04-06-2011, 03:47 PM
Power-House

Originally Posted by Bmr4life
The only rumor I've heard is you can lose some low end torque by reducing back pressure. But even the LM's wouldn't effect that.
I hope your right!
Old 04-06-2011, 10:23 PM
parchisi
3rd Gear Member

Well if peak HP is what you want, a free flowing exhaust will help. You can lose low end torque as previously mentioned. And just a question, why is 310 the magical number for RWHP? I guess I don't really understand why you're stressing out over a few hp to reach a seemingly random number when you've already purchased the exhaust. In the big scheme of things, its small potatoes. Just bolt it on for the sound and increased enjoyment you will get from driving the car.
Old 04-07-2011, 02:34 PM
Power-House

Originally Posted by parchisi
Well if peak HP is what you want, a free flowing exhaust will help. You can lose low end torque as previously mentioned. And just a question, why is 310 the magical number for RWHP? I guess I don't really understand why you're stressing out over a few hp to reach a seemingly random number when you've already purchased the exhaust. In the big scheme of things, its small potatoes. Just bolt it on for the sound and increased enjoyment you will get from driving the car.
Yes 310 is a random number. Reason for it is because where I live the people who own mustangs are all making like 280rwhp to 300rwhp. Most of them that are making that kind of power are good friends a mine and on weekends in the summer we all go down to the drag strip and have some friendly races. I was the one with no mods and always came a second short of everyone lol (just got the car). Anyways they have standards and i'm only an auto so apparently I need a few extra ponies if I wanna hang with them. Reason I get so worked up about losing power is because i put like a lot of money (well for me) into my mustang and I would be discouraged to lose hp.

Quick Reply: Truth of myth?