Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Edelbrock SC owners!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 06:52 PM
Knechtion
1st Gear Member

Default Edelbrock SC owners!!!

Ok those of you that have a edlebrock supercharger installed i have a small problem. So mine is installed but there seems to be a leak. The leak isnt coming from a tube but its coming from the top of the resevoir where you fill the antifreeze ect. It leaks when the pump is running it just spills out of the top not gushing but if i were to drive with it happening the half side of the engine would be wet. Its not the cap because edelbrock has sent me a new one so ive tryed that. It seems lieke there is pressure in system as if air is getting to it but i have no leaks anywhere else. Ive even flushed out the entire system by using water and putting the regular stuff back in. Any INPUT would be great i am out of ideas
Old 05-03-2011, 07:04 PM
GlassVapor
2nd Gear Member

I'm thinking the reservoir maybe cracked or has a bad seam
Old 05-03-2011, 07:11 PM
Knechtion
1st Gear Member

well i know its not cracked because it comes strictly right out the top where the lid is twisted on, when the lid is not on its spitting out the top like a fountain (Idk if thats normal), and ive filled the resevoir to the right capacity. But like i said it still comes out even with the lid twisted on. Does your supercharger gurgle after shutdown? almsot everytime after turn on run the car for a little the SC gurgles after shutdown as if there is a gas bubble inside.
Old 05-03-2011, 07:20 PM
GlassVapor
2nd Gear Member

How far below the top of the neck is it filled to?? And yes mine does gurgle after shut down
Old 05-03-2011, 07:42 PM
Knechtion
1st Gear Member

i filled it up to the amount they say to about an inch below form bottom of the neck

Last edited by Knechtion; 05-03-2011 at 07:44 PM.
Old 05-03-2011, 07:56 PM
GlassVapor
2nd Gear Member

I'm at 1 1/2" below the very top of the reservoir neck. I think you are over filling and not allowing room for expansion

Last edited by GlassVapor; 05-04-2011 at 12:55 PM.
Old 05-03-2011, 08:01 PM
Knechtion
1st Gear Member

ok i will try 1 and a half tomorrow, even though it does say 1 inch in the guide, id try now but its gettin late ill reply back tomorrow with how it goes if interested. Thanks for the advice
Old 05-05-2011, 08:36 AM
Knechtion
1st Gear Member

it still comes up through the top its like air gets to it and makes it bubble, when i take the cap off it flows fine for a while then it bubbles up and spits out the top then it flows fine and bubbles again, just a big cycle of that, edelbrock keeps telling me its the cap....just dont think thats the problem
Old 05-05-2011, 08:45 AM
Doogie65
4th Gear Member

Mine operates just like GlassVapor's. Have you tried swapping your radiator tank cap onto the intercooler reservoir as that would be a quick way to test with a known good cap since they are identical? But the way you are describing the problem, it almost sounds like something is causing a lot of air/bubbles to get generated. Wonder if the pump could be contributing?
Old 05-05-2011, 09:04 AM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Doogie65
Mine operates just like GlassVapor's. Have you tried swapping your radiator tank cap onto the intercooler reservoir as that would be a quick way to test with a known good cap since they are identical? But the way you are describing the problem, it almost sounds like something is causing a lot of air/bubbles to get generated. Wonder if the pump could be contributing?
I had the same problem with my KB and I switched caps. All is fine now.

Quick Reply: Edelbrock SC owners!!!