Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

JBA Full Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2005, 02:33 AM
Richard6669
1st Gear Member

Default JBA Full Exhaust

If i find a decent price, Im pretty sure im going with the JBA setup, Long Tube headers, Catted H-pipe, and im not sure yet but possibly the JBA axle-backs. I dont want the setup to be soo loud everyone stares at my car when im idling down a parking lot, but none the less I want the car louder and most of all more powerful. I understand a dyno tune will be in the picture so i will order an X-cal 2 as well. My car is totally stock right now...Was wondering if yall(im from Texas) like this setup and recommend it. If you've heard bad things please tell me so i dont go through these myself. A shop will be installing it so i dont have to worry about the installation. Also where do i buy this kit for a decent price. JBA's website is insane.

Thanks in advance
Old 08-30-2005, 03:43 AM
DAVE05GT
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: JBA Full Exhaust

Thats a good set up for about 25-30 hp and from what I've seen is a high quality/well fitting set up. I have heard of a few quality problems with JBA's converters so you should check into that. Also, you'll need to get Steeda's HP motor mounts which are about $250 extra because the stockers allow too much play when the engine revs and the headers hit the frame. Hope this helps.

Dave
Old 08-30-2005, 04:04 AM
delurker
3rd Gear Member

The Steeda mounts come with 2 hard & 4 soft bushings (you need 2 each side, 4 total). Anyone with the JBA long tubes know if the soft ones are firm enough to keep the headers from hitting the frame, or should I use the hard ones on the frame side of the engine rotation?
Old 08-30-2005, 04:17 AM
DAVE05GT
2nd Gear Member

Most guys are using the hard mounts but the soft are supposed to do the job too. Just me, but I would use the same on both sides. Havn't heard of anyone using two different ones yet.
Old 08-30-2005, 01:32 PM
delurker
3rd Gear Member

Anyone who is using hard mounts is using both. Here's why:

You must use two bushings per motor mount, and there are two motor mounts. There are 4 soft and 2 hard bushings supplied. If you use the hard ones, you put them on the side of each motor mount that the engine twists during acceleration, and a soft bushing on the other side of each mount. If you use soft only, you put soft on both sides of each mount. You can't *not* use at least two of the soft mounts.

My question is whether soft/soft on each mount will get the job done (keeping the headers from hitting the frame) or whether I should use hard/soft on each mount.
Old 08-30-2005, 01:56 PM
mac10chap
4th Gear Member

i have the exact set-up minus the cats and i absolutely love it. i am using the soft mounts and they work just fine. even feels kind of cool when i start the car but i was told that the hard mounts are only supposed to be used in drag racing conditions or if you just like beating yourself up with vibration.
Old 08-30-2005, 02:01 PM
Richard6669
1st Gear Member

Thanks for the replies. mac10chap how loud is your setup?w/o the cats. And where did you guys buy these setups from?
Old 08-30-2005, 06:59 PM
andyman
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mac10chap

i have the exact set-up minus the cats and i absolutely love it. i am using the soft mounts and they work just fine. even feels kind of cool when i start the car but i was told that the hard mounts are only supposed to be used in drag racing conditions or if you just like beating yourself up with vibration.
Any chance of a sound byte? I am planning on the same exhaust system, but maybe with loudmouths. Please?
Old 08-30-2005, 10:29 PM
delurker
3rd Gear Member

Thanks, chap!
Old 08-31-2005, 01:12 AM
Richard6669
1st Gear Member

Thanks everyone for the advice. This helps me out a lot. Now i just have find an interenet dealer with good prices. Any advice?

Quick Reply: JBA Full Exhaust