Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Need 100 more HP, your blown Mustang.

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 02:57 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

Are you talking about the blowers where they come OUT of the hood?
The Eaton blowers that Ford uses and sells do not do this.
Like I said the GT500's come with them STOCK.

They don't have holes in the hood where the blower sticks out!

Or are you trying to say the hood needs air vents or something?
I'm not quite following what you mean by "holes in the hood".
Old 08-25-2011, 02:35 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Honestly, I think ALL mustangs Should have had superchargers from the factory.

Period. The option then would be what size of a supercharger

Not to sound like I am putting the 4.6 down in anyway, but without a blower it's really NO fun at all.

I can't imagine driving mine without one... except during the winter rofl
Old 08-25-2011, 07:51 AM
highline
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by rmrgdr
Thanks!
Y Yeah I'm an old school guy. And just plain old!

Speaking of Roots, I think this one might be too much for me.

This is old school, sir...No more holes in the hoods, they go right under the stock hood FTW...Some research and more info. is needed for your car's purpose...Track, street only, Auto X??? Whipple, Saleen, Magnacharger, Paxton, Vortech...pick the one that best suits your car's/your needs & expectations...They are all different in looks and function, but are all perma-grin makers!
Old 08-25-2011, 10:28 AM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

I am very happy with my roush m90. It's way fun on the streets and it's quite fast at the track with great reliability.
Old 08-25-2011, 11:29 AM
aclass
3rd Gear Member

What other mods did you make? Did it void your Ford warantee?
Had to put a clutch in the car since the stocker wouldnt hold the blower, especially in 3rd gear. Also had to put wider tires, the stock 18's wouldnt even hold in 2nd gear and 1st was absolutely useless. Pretty much still is.
Love the Whipple!!
Old 08-25-2011, 11:39 AM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

Ive had a saleen in mine since december and it has been great. I have since added a torque convertor and the car is a Beast. I have not thrown any codes since the install. Brenspeed did a great job with the install and the dyno tune. As far as your warranty is concerned. You put a blower on your car and then blow your engine. ID say the dealership is gonna find the blower at fault. When I started modding my car I didnt let the warranty issue effect me so I guess its personal preference. I have put about 8000 miles on my are since the blower install. I get about 22 on the highway and 19 in the city. Im sure the lower gas mileage is from the cams but who cares right. You can get a twin screw or a roots and your engine will be fine.

There are a couple things you should know if you do the supercharger. Do not exceed 480hp to the wheels.

If you have different exhaust u will want metallic high flow cats or the stockers.

And if you track the car. Always press the OD button on the dash. It prevents the car from going into overdrive when going down the 1/4. This is important b/c if you let the car shift into OD with supercharger u stand a good chance of blowing the motor.
Old 08-25-2011, 11:41 AM
SCCAGT
3rd Gear Member

What other mods did you make? Did it void your Ford warantee?
This statement couldnt be further from the truth. Its not like a blower installation instantly voids all Ford warranty coverage. A part must first fail, which is why you would visit a dealer for warranty work. That failure should have to be proven to be caused by said blower. This is where the gray area starts to show itself. SOME dealers will skirt around this and help you out. Others will not. If a suspension strut fails, it is obviously not caused by a blower. If your electric seat motor dies, same thing. Its all covered. Now, if a rod knock makes an appearance, you can count on that repair coming out of your own wallet.

Twin screw blowers are over $1000 more than Centri blowers. Install complexity is about the same for either type. The power curves are where the main differences lie. More low end grunt is favored on twin screws. However, once your going, your past the low rpm range until you let off the pedal anyway. Which, to me, makes that arguement vitrually pointless. Its not like each shift at WOT brings rpms down to 2000. Either way, its ear to ear Smile City.

Last edited by SCCAGT; 08-25-2011 at 12:08 PM.
Old 08-25-2011, 11:45 AM
highline
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by SCCAGT
Twin screw blowers are over $1000 more than Centri blowers. Install complexity is about the same for either type. The power curves are where the main differences lie. More low end grunt is favored on twin screws. However, once your going, your past the low rpm range until you let off the pedal anyway. Its not like each shift at WOT brings rpms down to 2000. Either way, its ear to ear Smile City.
well put
Old 08-25-2011, 01:07 PM
REDBOSS1
3rd Gear Member

If you're only wanting the 100hp and to be "safe" really Roush is the way to go, I had one on my 08gt and it was a daily driver.
Old 08-26-2011, 09:44 AM
rmrgdr

Guys, I posted the race car 'cause I thought it is one cool Mustang. I know modern blowers don't stick through the hood. I've contacted Galpin about the Roush M90, I trust their skill and advice. I just want real world experiences. THANKS for all your replies.

Quick Reply: Need 100 more HP, your blown Mustang.