Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Tires (Brand and Model)

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2012, 08:36 PM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

My fronts are Mickey Thompson 26x6x15 and my rears are Hoosier QTP 27x11.5x15 (not the same as the ones in my sig pic). As you may have guessed, it's not street driven.
Old 01-25-2012, 10:50 PM
CityDave
1st Gear Member

I installed the Toyo Proxes T1-R tires. The handle great on the highway and on the road course at Califorina Speedway.
Old 01-25-2012, 11:02 PM
sonicx
speed'n

Originally Posted by Campo 427R
I'm not familiar with the roads and weather conditions in North Carolina, but check out Pirelli P-Zero Trofeo tires. They are an excellent road course track/street tire.
If you drag race, then Nitto NT05R, (competition drag radials). NT05 for road course. NT555 for a really nice all around. Nitto tires are very popular with the local Shelby Club.
The INVO's are a better all around choice versus the 555's. At least from my experience. And I do mainly ax & DD.
Old 01-25-2012, 11:05 PM
07BLACKGT
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by crankedGT/CS
i hated the BFG kdws all seasons that came on the car...wanted something with more aggressive look and summer tire performance. I chose the BFG KDW's (flame pattern tread) and love them. look great and plenty of additional dry and wet traction.
+1 same here. When the tires and pavement are warm, the traction these provide is almost unbelievable for a street tire. I can brake torque mine and launch it as hard as I possibly can and it will just chirp and go (in the summer).

I'm going to try Nitto INVO's next time though, due to the KDW's being so noisy.
Old 01-26-2012, 07:39 AM
dcarlinf1
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by sonicx
The INVO's are a better all around choice versus the 555's. At least from my experience. And I do mainly ax & DD.
What is it about the INVO's that makes you think they are better than the NT555's. Just asking because I am somewhat interested in the INVO's even though I will probably go with the NT555's because they are cheaper.
Old 01-26-2012, 08:51 AM
Heavy-Dee

Really appreciate the feedback. Keep it coming! Agree that the PZero's suck! No traction at all!
Old 01-26-2012, 05:26 PM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

Ive been running Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus and so far I love them. Very consistent.. and I was even able to drive in ice without issues. The Pirelli Summer Onlys that came with the Brembo package were good for about 3 months of the year.. and only lasted a little over 15,000 miles. They were great July and August.. but were really inconsistent when the morning temps got 50 and below. I live in Saint Louis and this is my daily driver.
Old 01-26-2012, 05:58 PM
Entaille
4th Gear Member

Sandman - how are those tires fairing in the Summer time- do you find it hard to get traction when you get on it in the lower gears?
Old 01-26-2012, 07:06 PM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Entaille
Sandman - how are those tires fairing in the Summer time- do you find it hard to get traction when you get on it in the lower gears?
I got them in October..so don't know. They hook well in 30 degrees, so I expect they will be the same or better in summer. Not as good as the summer onlys, but I'd rather have consistency than good traction for only 2 months out of the year.
Old 01-26-2012, 08:27 PM
danzcool
5th Gear Member

I'm currently happy with Continental Extreme Contact DW. It's has good grip in mild to hot weather. Not the sexiest looking tire or tread, but I'm more interested in the performance.

Quick Reply: Tires (Brand and Model)