Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Daily Driver

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 01:39 PM
atconec

Default Daily Driver

I have a completely stock 2007GT. I am considering the following modifications to the car. Cat Back Exhaust, Cold Air Intake, Enlarged Throttle Body, and OBD Tuner. Can I define one of the tunes for performance, one for everyday driving, and one for fuel economy?
Old 04-03-2012, 02:47 PM
jdmcbride
4th Gear Member

Save some money and don't bother with the throttle body mod. They are usually more trouble than they are worth and are not necessary for lightly modified cars.
Old 04-03-2012, 03:38 PM
Rylay
3rd Gear Member

as far as the tune question goes; yes you can have 3 different tunes in an sct tuner from BAMA/American muscle. I'm not entirely sure about other companies but I'm sure they offer multiple tunes. I know a lot of us on here have bama tunes on our cars but I can never really convince myself to use the street tunes...
Old 04-03-2012, 03:46 PM
SSKILLER5.0
2nd Gear Member

Jd is right..the throttle body is best when you go forced induction..I use breenspeed and they offer all three as well..I think if I could use my "street" tune for a coffee table I would because thats about how much use its gotten..
Old 04-03-2012, 04:03 PM
SteedaBrandon
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by atconec
I have a completely stock 2007GT. I am considering the following modifications to the car. Cat Back Exhaust, Cold Air Intake, Enlarged Throttle Body, and OBD Tuner. Can I define one of the tunes for performance, one for everyday driving, and one for fuel economy?
What is the purpose for your vehicle? Daily-driver, street-only, street/track, track-only? If track, what kind of track? (drag? autocross? etc.)
Old 04-03-2012, 04:09 PM
gtthunder

Throttle body is waste of money. I used the Brenspeed tune on my 05 and loved how changed the car. Better throttle response, more power and torque.
Old 04-05-2012, 11:35 AM
atconec

Thanks for all the helpful information. I think that this ol'man will avoid the performance enhancement and inevitable tickets/insurance premiums and just buy a louder exhaust to further irritate my wife and neighbors.
Old 04-05-2012, 11:35 AM
mrangryface

Living in Western WA, I try to avoid discussions about fuel economy- i'd always lose that fight.

I blame the prius going slow in front of me. ARGHH
Old 04-05-2012, 11:56 AM
okbfd
4th Gear Member

From another old fart......get the CAI/SCT......it makes a very nice difference in the way it will drive.
Old 04-05-2012, 01:44 PM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

Get brenspeed tunes. They have the best customer service on this forum. They can hook u up with whatever your needs r

Quick Reply: Daily Driver