Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Which CAI?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2012, 10:40 PM
bigmike06gt
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by iceguyb14
Get the newest JLT. I had the series 2 and made 299whp 312wtq from intake, tune, after cat xpipe, and axle back exhaust and that's it on my 2010 with a 92 octane tune from Bama.
Well, should get the Airraid CAI, with it and pretty much the same mods and a 91 octane tune mine made 304RWHP and 320 RWTQ. But mine is on an 06 which starts about 15hp less than yours. LOLOL

Almost all the CAI's give the same benefits. I went with the Airraid as I picked it up used and cheap and could use it without a tune.
Old 04-24-2012, 01:20 AM
AdamAV

Where do you guys get your tunes from? BAMA or DSP, etc? Sorry I'm new to the mod world haha
Old 04-24-2012, 07:11 AM
JCON
5th Gear Member

Brenspeed, Tillman, or VMP tuning. Bamako use to be really good but I am afraid they've gotten so big quality control is an issue. Been hearing more and more problems with Bama tunes. They of course have great customer service but it would be nice to not have the problem in the first place.
Old 04-24-2012, 03:00 PM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

I'm not gonna lie, there's data out there that supports several different manufacturers' claims that they have the bestest CAI EVARRRR...

But I installed the UPR/SCT Tuner/CAI package on my '06 GT and it made a HUGE seat of the pants improvement. I was pretty blown away, actually. Our product listing claims a gain of nearly 40hp and based on my personal experience, I'd say that's believable.

Getting into specifics, we do offer free tunes for life, and our package is probably less expensive than all of our competitors.

http://www.uprproducts.com/mustang-b...sct-tuner.html
Old 04-24-2012, 04:30 PM
tj@steeda
3rd Gear Member

Steeda offers a great CAI with tune for the 05 Mustang. Testing has shown increases of up to 38 HP and 30 ft lbs of Torque to the rear wheels with Steeda's Cold Air Kit combined with our Custom SCT Tune.

Here is some testimonial from Chris Johnson, president of SCT tuning: SCT has seen the highest horsepower and torque results while using Steeda's Cold Air Kit, over any other brand."

http://www.steeda.com/store/steeda-2...ir-intake.html

Add some other goodies on the car and you will see even better gains. Give us a call or PM me for pricing. You won't be disappointed with the Steeda CAI/Tune, many positive reviews on the web if you need back up.

Best Regards,

TJ
Old 04-24-2012, 11:11 PM
Stuntman Mike

Originally Posted by AdamAV
Which CAI is the best for a 05 GT?
My K&N that I have up for sale on ebay right now! (Sorry, I couldn't help it . . . )
Old 04-25-2012, 12:42 AM
Young_Gun
4th Gear Member

Lol, I knew it wouldn't be long before the sponsors flooded in haha.

Now, I'm an Indiana boy so I have to throw my vote to Brenspeed haha
Old 04-25-2012, 07:09 AM
mayo
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by JCON
http://www.wmsracing.com/wmsweb/WMS-...ntake_Ram.html
Go with this one. Better results when moving
I will be interested in what that filter will look like the first time you get caught in bad weather...seems like it could get wet.

Op you really can't go wrong with your selection, they all do the same thing. It's more about how well they do it and provide ample protection from the elements while doing it.
Not many folks have the one I purchased and it is saleen supercharger ready for down the road. Might give it a look, the guys at brenspeed can give you a wicked tune to go with it.
Love mine so far.

Originally Posted by Young_Gun
Lol, I knew it wouldn't be long before the sponsors flooded in haha.
Part pimpin aint easy...but it is necessary
Old 04-25-2012, 07:39 PM
BAB GT
2nd Gear Member

Most name brand CAI's are probably similar. I just installed the new JLT 3 and got a dyno tune. The tune makes the difference, not the CAI. I love the added power, torque, and shift response. It really woke up my car after 84k miles!
Old 04-26-2012, 02:10 AM
AdamAV

I'm really diggin that JLT 3 series but is it smog legal in California or should I just hold my middle finger up to the law and say I want my HP? Haha

Quick Reply: Which CAI?