Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

What should i do with $3,000

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 10:52 AM
Freshman4life05
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by JGill1992
I was really thinking about going with the 4.10s did it improve your 0-60 any or just the overall "feel" I'm guessing you have to retune the car for the new gears. I have the tuner but how is that done? Do I have to call the people at Bamma and will they be able to do anything since I bought the tuner used? I don't want to have to buy another tuner but I guess I should find out if I can use it before I get any upgrades that require a tune
I believe that the tuner you have will work to retune your car... I have read that once you change your gears it throws off your speedometer, which again i believe the tuner can fix that as well. Getting new tunes for your car will cost $150 from americanmuscle.com, but that will give you tunes for life.
Old 05-09-2012, 11:19 AM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

I see lots of these threads popping up about guys wanting more low end muscle with the autos. I always suggest a torque convertor. I have a 3000 and the low end that u gain with those r awesome. Not only does it allow u to have a better start it keeps ur tranny in the power band while it shifts. If u want low end then this is a must have. Best mod for power that I have added and I have some goodies. It will be the best thing for 60ft times. Get that and some DRs. Some 410s and better tires
Old 05-09-2012, 06:27 PM
joshetc
2nd Gear Member

If you get gears, you can easily adjust your speedometer with your tuner. When you install the tune, it'll ask you if you want to modify optional parameters and you just select your gear ratio. It is pretty idiot-proof. Just don't unplug it halfway through or try to tune your car on a dead battery or whatever.
Old 05-09-2012, 06:47 PM
JCON
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Roush05
Wider tires, and a used Vortech recipe for smiles right there.
+111111
Old 05-09-2012, 06:56 PM
JGill1992
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Roush05
Wider tires, and a used Vortech recipe for smiles right there.
I doubt I could find a used vortech and have it installed for 3k I'd love to but I just don't want to spend 6k on one mod
Old 05-09-2012, 07:40 PM
07stangED
1st Gear Member

I was really thinking about going with the 4.10s did it improve your 0-60 any or just the overall "feel" I'm guessing you have to retune the car for the new gears. I have the tuner but how is that done? Do I have to call the people at Bamma and will they be able to do anything since I bought the tuner used? I don't want to have to buy another tuner but I guess I should find out if I can use it before I get any upgrades that require a tune
While it did change the overall feel of the car...it was that unmistakable seat of the pants feeling I gained off the line (0-60) that I really loved. I had a 91GT with a 2.2 Kenne Bell before this car, so I was used to a ton of torque. I bought my tune through BBR / Blow by Racing...I think it was $75, but like someone else mentioned you can pay more and get tunes for life from American Muscle. My tune through BBR was not just to correct gears...the following week I did CAI, underdrive pullies and long tube headers w/ high flow H. Some of that stuff is gone now since I have added a paxton 1200.
Your tuner came with the car and there is a tune loaded in it for the mods on your car?
Old 05-09-2012, 10:15 PM
JGill1992
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 07stangED
While it did change the overall feel of the car...it was that unmistakable seat of the pants feeling I gained off the line (0-60) that I really loved. I had a 91GT with a 2.2 Kenne Bell before this car, so I was used to a ton of torque. I bought my tune through BBR / Blow by Racing...I think it was $75, but like someone else mentioned you can pay more and get tunes for life from American Muscle. My tune through BBR was not just to correct gears...the following week I did CAI, underdrive pullies and long tube headers w/ high flow H. Some of that stuff is gone now since I have added a paxton 1200.
Your tuner came with the car and there is a tune loaded in it for the mods on your car?
im not sure what the tuner is tuned for. i asume the previous owner got it when they got the CAI i was thinking sereiously about going with a similar set up. (underdrive pullies, Long Tune headders, 4.10 gears) i think thats probably the best route to start off with and it wont cost near 3k just save whats left for Suspension upgrades and wider tires down the road.
Old 05-10-2012, 01:23 AM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

u need a torque convertor man
Old 05-10-2012, 01:42 AM
Roush05
3rd Gear Member

I doubt I could find a used vortech and have it installed for 3k I'd love to but I just don't want to spend 6k on one mod
bam, 2500. http://s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=82357

In response to your 0-60 question, mine improved by .7 seconds. It was not only the gears, but they were a big part.

stock w/ roush CAI and canned tune:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVyNGHiMdnM

With mods in sig:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_a5AgrzuvsI
Old 05-10-2012, 03:20 PM
SteedaBrandon
Former Sponsor

I recently got a 2005 mustang GT auto trans with 30k miles on it.

it came with some mods already installed.

Bamma SCT tuner(i have NO idea how to use this thing so ihavent touched it)
cervinis air ram hood and Intake.
62MM TB
Flowmaster 40 Axelback exhaust.

everything else is stock.
Just wondering what mods i should look at. I can put 3k into this car probably more down the road so i dont want to add anything i may have to remove later.
Id rather have low end torque than high speed. and ive got a good shop that i trust to install anything.

thanks in advance!

PS: ill post some pictures of the car if someone can tell me how
Shoot me a PM and I'd be glad to discuss some options with you.

Quick Reply: What should i do with $3,000