Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

2013 Mustang GT Order

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2012, 08:12 AM
danvalter1

Default 2013 Mustang GT Order

I wanted to ask the forum members who special ordered their 2013 Mustang direct from Ford the average amount of time it took for Ford to issue a VIN number. Any responses will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Old 06-09-2012, 11:03 PM
paulw

8 days for my vin. How long have you been waiting?

I special ordered a GB Premium GT Brembo on 5/31 and got a vin on 6/07. I was a little shocked at how fast my dealer moved. He thought the Brembo brakes were in short supply and would delay my order. Of course, having a vin assigned doesn't mean that the car is being built yet. There may still be a delay.

One way to tell when your car is actually scheduled to be built is to replace the existing vin with your vin (when you get it) at the end of this Ford window sticker link:

http://services.forddirect.fordvehic...BP8CF8D5206479

When the link starts working for your vin, I've heard that you have about a week before your car hits the production line. Then you have to wait for Ford to ship to your dealer.

paulw
2013 GT ordered 05/31/12, dealer promised pickup on 07/04/12.
Old 06-10-2012, 05:10 AM
danvalter1

Thanks Paul for your response. I ordered mine on 6/1 and to this day, have not received a VIN. I ordered a 2013 Black Mustang GT Premium with brembo brakes, reverse sensing, automatic trans, pedestal spoiler, and security package. I'm from San Antonio and the dealer I bought it from claims to be one of the best selling Ford dealers in the state. My priority code submitted by them is a 10. What priority code was listed on or order? It seems like yours is moving along much quicker.
Old 06-10-2012, 01:13 PM
paulw

Cool, we ordered similar cars on almost the same date. I went with the backup camera instead of the reverse sensors. I also ordered the Brembo automatic, along with the blue stripe 401a interior to compliment the grabber blue paint. So it's a race to see who gets theirs first. [grin]

Also had a 10 priority and also had a "best selling" dealer. My salesman told me that his dealership has a new general manager who "lit a fire" under the regional Ford rep to get their back up of special orders built. My order just happened to be at the right place at the right time. If I had ordered a few days later, my order might have been stuck in limbo for a while.

He did mention that Brembo's have been a hold up on several of his orders. I think he had another Brembo order from April that hadn't received a vin yet. That's probably why the GM stepped in.

Hope you get yours quickly.

paulw
69 GT convertible
68 6 cylinder coupe
Pending 2013 GT coupe

Last edited by paulw; 06-11-2012 at 06:17 PM.
Old 06-22-2012, 07:30 PM
paulw

My order update:

I just got my window sticker on 6/20/12 with a build date of 6/26/12.
I ordered the car on 5/31 and was given a VIN on 6/07. I'm right on schedule with the dealers time line.

I wish I ordered the glass roof and the reverse sensors. I considered them but was trying to keep the cost down. Last time I bought a new vehicle, someone told me to get everything you might want, so you don't regret not getting something later. I wish I'd remembered that advice.

Paulw
68 coupe
69 conv
13 GT ..... pending
Old 06-23-2012, 12:16 AM
Waxxon

First post here; just ordered the following on 6/19

GT Premium 6-speed manual / 400A
Track Pack
Electronics pack w/ backup Cam
Recaros

Haven't heard anything yet; will post when I do
Old 06-23-2012, 09:01 PM
TheDivaDanielle
3rd Gear Member

Ordered 6/18
Grabber Blue GT Premium Convertible - 401a, Shaker Pro, Security and Comfort pkgs, side scoops

They told me today, maybe three weeks yet till I get a vin
Old 06-25-2012, 05:59 PM
Waxxon

Originally Posted by TheDivaDanielle
Ordered 6/18
Grabber Blue GT Premium Convertible - 401a, Shaker Pro, Security and Comfort pkgs, side scoops

They told me today, maybe three weeks yet till I get a vin
Was just informed the same regarding VIN; ~3 weeks
Old 06-28-2012, 02:26 PM
Slowbra302
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by danvalter1
I wanted to ask the forum members who special ordered their 2013 Mustang direct from Ford the average amount of time it took for Ford to issue a VIN number. Any responses will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Ordered mine January 16th and didn't get my VIN until May. Car just got to the dealership (very early compared to when i wanted it delivered) couple weeks ago and is waiting on me to return home from deployment! I can already taste it..... =)
Old 06-28-2012, 02:30 PM
TheDivaDanielle
3rd Gear Member

I just gr my call. Ordered 6/18, eta 7/26. Got the vin today.

Quick Reply: 2013 Mustang GT Order