Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Auto Shipping Fail...big mistake. now what?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2012, 06:38 PM
xkape
4th Gear Member

wow, I am in shipping (over the road less than truckload) and damn.. that is just nuts. Driving the car slowly off the truck and into the warehouse I could see. Recklessness to just rambo someone elses car. There are websites that you can score their performance. I don't know if they use the DAT to find loads but you could report them there as well. Just threaten them. All Motor Carriers carry $100,000 insurance minimum. They would probably just pay you I would guess. They do not want their insurance rates going up. You could also call the DOT. They will mark that on their record. It won't effect thier CSA 2010 record but it will be on their credit report. Yes, you can pull credit reports on Motor Carriers and, everyone does. If you want to PM me the name, I will get their MC number and look up their insurer for you.
Old 06-21-2012, 07:30 PM
Retired_Colonel
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Tom V
I wouldn't put up with that crap. Gather all of your documents, hit the road and take them to court.
I wouldn't contact them either. The court house would contact them with a certified letter. Only prob is you better have all of your ducks in a row and dates correct (sorry I couldn't resist). They will prob have an attorney there on their behalf and will try to counter sue for legal fees.
Well, that is how I initially felt also.. I do have all the photos, documents, etc. (and, right dates..lol).. although others have made some really good and rational arguments for a serious 'cost-benefit analysis'.. But I 100% share your feelings about it!! Thanks!!!
Old 06-21-2012, 07:49 PM
DRAGUL
5th Gear Member

Doesn't hurt to play the pay up or I am going to sue you bluff.
Old 06-21-2012, 08:04 PM
BleedinBlue
5th Gear Member

I agree. If you are out $2K, it's worth threatening them. I'd look into taking them to small claims court if they don't play ball. Besides, if your intent is to bluff them, you probably don't want to say so in a public forum. You never know.

FANTASTIC car though. That thing is gorgeous. No wonder the idiots were so easily tempted to play with it.
Old 06-21-2012, 09:01 PM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

Make a small claim. It won't cost you much at all.
Old 06-21-2012, 09:43 PM
99gtstang
5th Gear Member

I would attempt to get your 2k back. I would not call raising cane or pulling out the sue card for a while. Just write them a nice certified letter like you've written here and mail it. Call and tell them that you just want you 2k back and move on down the road. Usually being nice and courteous get's you a lot further then sue. I work in finance. Every time I hear that (not often) I say good luck and have your lawyer call me, CLICK. No point of communication if you intend to sue them. Like above, if that does not work go to small claims... You should win.

that is one BADASS CAR you got
Old 06-21-2012, 09:48 PM
xkape
4th Gear Member

I give it a 9 out of 10..lol VERT FTW!! lol
Old 06-22-2012, 08:51 AM
Thundersteel
2nd Gear Member

Get of copy of George Hayduke's "Screw Unto Others," and follow the advice therein.
Old 06-22-2012, 10:18 AM
Jeffk
6th Gear Member

Location: Thomasville, NC Where we beat headers into submission!!

Wow! I am so sorry to hear about how terrible this experience went for you. I'm glad that they don't seem to have done any permanent damage to the car.

I would try contacting the company like everyone has said to see if they will reimburse you the $2000.
Old 06-22-2012, 11:24 AM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by DRAGUL
Doesn't hurt to play the pay up or I am going to sue you bluff.
Yes this is what I would do. Contact them very calmly, explain the situation, the series of events, and the evidence. I'd tell them the repair was $2000, and I was seeking that plus another $500-1000 for the hassle and loss of time/work/etc. I'd close it with I am willing and able to sue if necessary, but was hoping to work it out first, etc... I suspect they know what happened if they were that quick to refund you, and are probably just waiting for a call like this.

Quick Reply: Auto Shipping Fail...big mistake. now what?