Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Exhaust installation question

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2012, 10:19 AM
08caliGT
1st Gear Member

This was my first start up after we got the cams done, it's untuned but its pretty damn loud just idling. I'll be heading to NC in 2 weeks so im trying to get some rolling video on the way down and some videos going through the tunnel/bridge. People are gonna be like what the hell is that coming out of the tunnel!

Old 07-09-2012, 10:20 AM
08caliGT
1st Gear Member

Here's a video for ****s n giggles while I was doing my o/r pipe.
Old 07-09-2012, 11:27 AM
brent_G
2nd Gear Member

someone has the giggles...haha
Old 07-09-2012, 06:21 PM
l00kitzzlilcj
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by brent_G
I have corsa sport axle backs. Its before the headers and x pipe. Which it will get REALLY loud after that. but ill probably have resonators welded in before the axle if its too bad. I guess welll see. Anyways heres a clip. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pM7CN...&feature=g-upl
Its a straight through design so most people will match up an X pipe with straight through muffer and an H pipe with chambered muffler.

My suggestion is get the headers and mid pipe. You will get power from it then just keep switching axle backs until you find one you like. Installations on axle backs take like 20 mins. I picked up my corsa's for 250 shipped on forums. They are like 750 new. so you can find deals here and there. ALot of people are searching for that sound they want so they show up alot on forums..
that sounds good man. I wanted these until youtube revealed to me that after headers and x, it becomes insanely loud which i cant have in my neighborhood lmao im in Brooklyn, NY. The cops will follow my yellow GT everywhere until i park it in my driveway again lol.

Im starting to really consider that because a few people have told me that between this thread and my friends. I've never seen that though- long tubes and a catted xpipe with stock muffs. Im really leaning towards flowmasters hushpower muffs, which the only videos ive seen with those were 2011+ GT's. Not sure but i have a feeling they might be perfect after the headers.
Old 07-09-2012, 06:26 PM
l00kitzzlilcj
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 08caliGT
This was my first start up after we got the cams done, it's untuned but its pretty damn loud just idling. I'll be heading to NC in 2 weeks so im trying to get some rolling video on the way down and some videos going through the tunnel/bridge. People are gonna be like what the hell is that coming out of the tunnel!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npRxvbAU3cE
I was never into cams that much and im probably not going to get them, but that does sound good lol thats beast. Did you get the tune you need?

& that open header video is great btw haha.
Old 07-09-2012, 06:32 PM
08caliGT
1st Gear Member

Yea, got those tunes for life! and the high pitched giggle was my sisters ex bf.. he drives old BMWs so he doesnt understand this kind of sound.
Old 07-09-2012, 06:41 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

BBK LT's and o/r x pipe, custom catback with M80's and MBRP muffler deletes.
its loud when i want it to be, and not so loud when i'm cruising.
deep tone. its my 5th exhaust setup, and the last.

Old 07-09-2012, 09:07 PM
brent_G
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 08caliGT
Yea, got those tunes for life! and the high pitched giggle was my sisters ex bf.. he drives old BMWs so he doesnt understand this kind of sound.
sure it is
Old 07-09-2012, 09:09 PM
brent_G
2nd Gear Member

Sounds like maybe you should start with some mac lt's and a mac prochamber with stock mufflers and go from there.
Old 07-10-2012, 11:46 PM
l00kitzzlilcj
2nd Gear Member

that waaaay too loud for me Onederful lol. My neighborhood will kill me not to mention the cops. Sounds like it has a bad drone too unless its just the cameras fault.

Brent, I dont really like Mac too much because i dont know much about that brand. I think im settling with BBK LT's + the shorty catted X and then ending the exhaust with Flowmaster Hushpowers. I'm pretty close to ordering the flowmasters and doing that first though, from AmericanMuscle.com. I figured if they become too loud after the headers, ill just put the stock muffs on for a while and hopefully switch with someone who has magnaflows or something.

Quick Reply: Exhaust installation question