Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Electronic Throttle Control warning light

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2005, 07:24 PM
06YellowGT

Default Electronic Throttle Control warning light

Has anyone had any issues on an 05, or preferably 06 Mustang GT related to the electronic Throttle control?

I finally got my Mustang GT (yellow, manual, IUP, Shaker 500) last week Wednesday, and today the "yellow wrench" warning light came on. Owner's manual says it is a problem with the Electronic Throttle Control. I took it to the dealership, and they contacted F.C.S.D., who did not provide any help with the problem. They believe it is a problem with modules not communicating with each other, and want to replace the PCM.

Anyone with similar experience?

I have the codes from the car as well. (400 miles on the odo, and it sits)

Thank you!
Old 09-28-2005, 07:27 PM
06YellowGT

Default RE: Electronic Throttle Control warning light

I'm sorry, I put this in the wrong section. New member here.

Old 09-29-2005, 11:27 AM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

Yellow.. considering it is an 05 stang I think this section is going to get you the most hits.

I"m surprised the dealership didn't pull the codes, and look it up. the Code should have told them the problem.

I've not encounterd such lights on my GT.. just that damn hesitation in the throttle when going to WOT or releasing my foot on the highway.. can we say lllllaaaaaggggggg. It if funny, but I was told by ford techs they are aware but they aren't allowed to do anything about it under orders from Ford, but that a speed shop can remove the lag. an XCal or Preditor tune will improve it but not get rid of it completely.

If you allow everything to be controled by a computer - eventually the computer will control you too!

Did they clear the light?
ARe you stil driving the car?
Old 09-30-2005, 03:39 PM
06YellowGT

Thanks, (technically an '06) but I am new and put it in the wrong area, before I understood all of the different forum groups.

I drove it home from the dealership, about 2 miles, hell, I had driven it 15 miles to the dealership from when the light came on.

I didn't notice any drivability issues with the car, but then again after the light came on, I was being nice to it too. The codes were: P0600 and U0300. The light came back on as soon as the vehicle was restarted.

All that they knew from the codes was that the Elec. Throttle Control module wasn't communicating with the PCM Powertrain Control Module. They didn't know if I would do any damage to the vehicle by driving it, so it's staying parked. Talking with the service guy I gathered that since it's an '06 they don't have all of the information about all of the codes yet, or at least the severity of what each code means, and they claim not to have serviced an '06 yet, we'll see.

The dealership called me just a few hours ago, they want to replace the PCM, and the part should be here on Monday.

And, by the way, that's a great looking car that you have there! I wanted to wait for the stripes to be put on mine before posting the pics, but maybe I'll do before and after.

Thanks!
Old 10-25-2005, 12:36 AM
06YellowGT

New PCM installed, and no further issues!!!

Car has about 1300 miles on it now, and no more problems!

(it's good to have my baby back!)