Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

2011 Gt mod questions and opinions...

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 08:40 PM
wishinsky
2nd Gear Member

Default 2011 Gt mod questions and opinions...

Well I sold the 2002 v6 my first stang..... So by the end of febuary I will have enough saved up for a CPO 2011 Gt Premium.... Gonna spend about 25k.... I will have 5k left I was thinking of mods... I have two options I was thinking.

The car will be my daily driver, I do live in town (Fargo nd) but I do drive 350 miles highway twice a month for work.

Option 1....
SLP ceramic longtube headers combo with a highflowing catted xpipe
Axle back Roush mufflers
4.10 gears
Sct tunner with Airraid CAI combo
Underdrive pulleys
Ford racing sway bar kit... No lowering springs or anything (should I get lowering spring?)
SR strut tower brace
Rear control arms
Aluminum driveshaft

Option 2
Supercharger kit?

I figure I will buy all the parts from American muscle
I figured option One... As the car already has a lot of power and then if in a year or two if I wanted I could get a supercharger.

How much power can the stock internals and block handle? How about the rear end?

Thanks for the help.. big *** post haha.
Old 01-18-2013, 09:02 PM
clowe1965
6th Gear Member

Meh, not that big.

I'd go with the first option, maybe change up the exhaust a bit. Even with the gt500's, my exhaust is louder than the roush axlebacks with a stock setup. If you like loud then go with it, but it will be close to running straight pipes. Also I know its not as easy as sway bars, but doing springs instead of swaybars will be something you notice more. Also there isn't much in the way of underdrive pulleys for the 5.0, it has electric power steering, and the A/C is only on when you using it. Also the 5.0 runs hot so reducing the flow of the pump is not going to be good for the motor in the long run.
Most guys also run 3.73's instead of 4.10s, I think Mishiri is one of the few with 4.10s. Everyone with 3.73s complains that 1st is very short as is, manual transmissions at least.

The rest of the stuff you're getting looks like it will help with getting a supercharger later on. Auto or manual?
Old 01-18-2013, 09:25 PM
ZombieHuntr
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by clowe1965
Meh, not that big.

I'd go with the first option, maybe change up the exhaust a bit. Even with the gt500's, my exhaust is louder than the roush axlebacks with a stock setup. If you like loud then go with it, but it will be close to running straight pipes. Also I know its not as easy as sway bars, but doing springs instead of swaybars will be something you notice more. Also there isn't much in the way of underdrive pulleys for the 5.0, it has electric power steering, and the A/C is only on when you using it. Also the 5.0 runs hot so reducing the flow of the pump is not going to be good for the motor in the long run.
Most guys also run 3.73's instead of 4.10s, I think Mishiri is one of the few with 4.10s. Everyone with 3.73s complains that 1st is very short as is, manual transmissions at least.

The rest of the stuff you're getting looks like it will help with getting a supercharger later on. Auto or manual?
^^ like he said... generally speaking, most people prefer
4:10's for automatics
3:73's for Manuals.
Old 01-18-2013, 09:27 PM
ZombieHuntr
1st Gear Member

Oh and if you get a aluminum driveshaft DO NOT REUSE your old U-joints. get brand new ones. Last time i upgraded to a aluminum shaft, i tried reusing the ujoints and popped em inside of a month.
Old 01-18-2013, 09:28 PM
wishinsky
2nd Gear Member

Thanks for the post.... First off its gonna be a automatic... Owned a couple manuals but in gonna go with a auto...Instead of underdrive pulleys ill get the lowering springs and sway bars as a setup? Sound good?....exhaust I don't want it to be as loud as straightpipes, I want a nice rumble and I figured the SLP combo would be easy And the Roush axle backs sounded good in there sound clip... Sounds pretty loud already lol
Old 01-18-2013, 09:30 PM
ZombieHuntr
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by wishinsky
Thanks for the post.... First off its gonna be a automatic... Owned a couple manuals but in gonna go with a auto...Instead of underdrive pulleys ill get the lowering springs and sway bars as a setup? Sound good?....exhaust I don't want it to be as loud as straightpipes, I want a nice rumble and I figured the SLP combo would be easy And the Roush axle backs sounded good in there sound clip... Sounds pretty loud already lol
good move.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:09 PM
wishinsky
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by ZombieHuntr
good move.

Awesome awesome... Yeah I was hopping for a little bit of hp and tq with all that
. No huge Gains but noticeable.... I was hopping the suspension would make the ride a little more enjoyable haha... Otherwise Idk what to do besides deeper in the engine like cams and porting and that gets spendy with shops.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:17 PM
wishinsky
2nd Gear Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ZombieHuntr
Oh and if you get a aluminum driveshaft DO NOT REUSE your old U-joints. get brand new ones. Last time i upgraded to a aluminum shaft, i tried reusing the ujoints and popped em inside of a month.
Thanks for the heads up.
Old 01-19-2013, 12:06 AM
wishinsky
2nd Gear Member

Borla XR-1 Longtube headers
Borla Stinger S Type Catback

This would be a catless system...Im sure it will be loud as ****

Will i lose to much back pressure and lose low end torque??

car wont be force induced, only CAI and Tune.
Old 01-19-2013, 12:18 AM
Dawghouse
2nd Gear Member

You might lose a little low end torque but the gears will make up for that more than likely.

Quick Reply: 2011 Gt mod questions and opinions...