Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Im serious i need to talk about my mustang....

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2005, 05:25 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Im serious i need to talk about my mustang....

The 350Z is good competition for the Mustang GT but you should be able to take it.
But if you really feel that you need to beat whatever is out there than you will have to supercharge it. Or just trade it for the GT 500.
Old 10-05-2005, 11:58 AM
gregsdart
1st Gear Member

If you want power on the level with the 55, a saleen blower is a good start. Figure on a cost of about $7000 installed here in the US.
Do a search on saleen, and find someone that can help get it installed and setup properly. This may get you close to the power of that 55, and maybe faster if it is set up with a smaller pulley for more boost. What octane do you have available and what method do they use to determine octane where you live? You might be able to really increase the horsepower if you have very high octane available!
Old 10-05-2005, 12:28 PM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

I think I feel a hijacked thread!

I'll try to answer some of your Q's

I may be wrong on some of my answers, but I am SURE if I am, others will point it out!

- 1) is my mustang faster than the lumina ss and the z350 ? (stock vs stock vs stock )

it is faster then the older ones... but I believe the newer ones will beat you stock/stock.

- 2) my car understeers when fetting in highspeed turns is that normal ?

It is normal for a live axel car. you will get very used to it in a short time. We use POWER to help steer rear wheel drive cars.

- 3) when in reverse and throttling and then braking i hear a sound from the front tires so is it normal ?

sound?.. like the tires skidding... again.. your in a rear wheel drive car. backing up and slamming on the brakes will cause the front tires to skid a little. we call them power turns... backkup fast.. do a controlled brake to cause the front tires to skid... let the front swing around while putting it in a forward gear.. punch it when your pointed the right direction.

- 4) when i try to pull the E-brake or as known as the hand-brakes while car is moving the tires wont lock the car would just understeer samething when i turn off the traction...why is that ?

Check the cable... my ebrake locks my rear tires. I am assuming you want the rear to lock up and spinn around causing you to do a 180... MUCH cooler to do that using a engine power - Punch it, causing the wheels to burn off.. Then let it do a 180 or a 360.. wooowoowoooooo. (Us old guys call um donuts!)

- 5) i want my mustang GT to go faster what would be a good part to begin with ? i need to feel the true american power behind my cars wheels..

Begin with saving up lots money for mods... LOL... THIS part gets expensive FAST.

The most common things most peope start out with is a Tuner kit.. (Preditor and XCAL are the dominate players). I have the Preditor. These computer tuners allow you to performance tune your car by plugging into the OBDII Port. They come with "Canned" Tunes and some parameters the owner can manually adjust. for MORE you can take it to a tuner shop where they put it on a dyno... tune the car LIVE.. then save the tune into your tuner.

Next.. Cold Air Induction of some sort.... + a retune to take advantage.

Those are the two simplest things that nearly everyone who mods their car will do... obviously - you can turbocharge.. supercharge... put in performance breather plates under the intake.. larger throttle bore... larger plenum... racing cam... racing lifters... port tuned headers... The more money you spend.. the faster you make it!
Old 10-05-2005, 04:13 PM
sowaxeman
Retired Moderator

^^^^^Agreed^^^^^^ Donuts are much cooler and probably even safer than pulling the e-brake to spin around. Not sure how to do it?? Tturn off your trac control, come to a complete stop, rev up the engine and pop the clutch, once the tires are spinning good and the car starts to roll forward turn the wheel sharply to the left (or right if overseas ) Watch the world go around and enjoy

Old 10-05-2005, 09:30 PM
saud alzaabi
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sowaxeman

^^^^^Agreed^^^^^^ Donuts are much cooler and probably even safer than pulling the e-brake to spin around. Not sure how to do it?? Tturn off your trac control, come to a complete stop, rev up the engine and pop the clutch, once the tires are spinning good and the car starts to roll forward turn the wheel sharply to the left (or right if overseas ) Watch the world go around and enjoy

godamnit sowaxeman dont make me cry i have an automatic trans so is it possible to do it ? or :S
Old 10-05-2005, 09:37 PM
Herknav
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: saud alzaabi

godamnit sowaxeman dont make me cry i have an automatic trans so is it possible to do it ? or :S
Sure it is... just powerbrake instead of popping the clutch... rinse and repeat...

Also, ditto what PW said... a tune with a CAI is your first stop. After that, your choice. If you decide to go the blower route, make sure NOT to get underdrive pulleys...
Old 10-05-2005, 09:46 PM
jtscuba02
2nd Gear Member

herknav, you are the crewman on the c130 right. im in jumpmaster school right now, practicing practical work inside the aircraft in the dirty herc at pope. its pretty cool hanging out of the paratroop door looking for the 30 sec reference mark. you guys rock. by the way can i get a copy of the air route diagram.
Old 10-05-2005, 10:08 PM
andyman
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: saud alzaabi

Crank the wheel all the way, turn off the tcs, and gun it....you will do donuts i garuntee it
Old 10-06-2005, 01:44 PM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

saud alzaabi...

It most definately is possible.... I have done it twice now.. first time by accident... that was so much fun.. I went around the block and did it again! I've got an automatic with a Preditor Tune.... NO problems breaking them loose.
Old 10-07-2005, 07:19 PM
saud alzaabi
3rd Gear Member

great then gotta try it tommorow.....

and about those underdrive pullies why shouldnt i get them ? :S i thought they are the mods that no one can see or know about...

Quick Reply: Im serious i need to talk about my mustang....