Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

srt8 challenger , any thoughts

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2013, 09:32 PM
Lokota
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by jz
I call BS. That's clearly 359hp. You are such a liar.
haha..
Old 05-14-2013, 10:42 PM
VistaBlueFrank68
2nd Gear Member

Cat deletes? One exhaust shop wanted to do a "Cat Delete Job" for me. Cut out the Cats, replace with straight pipes. Then weld two bungs to the pipes to place the oxygen sensors into, they would have just enough oxygen to keep the check light off. But -

But you have to pay in cash, no credit card (paper trail). It would also prove they did this horrible crime against nature, should you get nabbed and decide to rollover on them with the DA, your a hideous felon. Let's get Dian Feinstein on it. This can not stand!
Old 05-15-2013, 01:59 AM
drewsky
3rd Gear Member

Back to the point. You will crush the dodge with your setup. No question!
Old 05-15-2013, 08:55 AM
CMcNam
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by UsmcMustang
for me a power adder is a supercharger , turbo and so on , this reminds me i was looking a the snow boost ( methanol injection ) they claim 50 hp gain , which if it is true is not bad for 600 $

PS: CMcnam , yeah it is a an expensive route but i think i would get the most out of it , i was told not to change the rear any thoughts ? ( i got the stock axle with 4:10s )
Not sure frankly. You're going to have one hell of a time getting traction with 4.10s and a supercharger though.

Originally Posted by Matt's 95 Stang
uuummm. How do you pass smog like that? Just asking as a fellow Cali member.

Matthew
If he's a Marine like his name suggests he's likely only stationed in Cali and the car is registered elsewhere. I'm from Oregon, but stationed in Cali so I registered the car in Oregon (and only pay Oregon taxes) and I'm only required to pass Oregon smog testing.
Old 05-15-2013, 09:48 AM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by UsmcMustang
for me a power adder is a supercharger , turbo and so on , this reminds me i was looking a the snow boost ( methanol injection ) they claim 50 hp gain , which if it is true is not bad for 600 $

PS: CMcnam , yeah it is a an expensive route but i think i would get the most out of it , i was told not to change the rear any thoughts ? ( i got the stock axle with 4:10s )
I'm sure you could get 50bhp out of meth injection if you bump the timing enough, but I wouldn't do it. One hickup with the meth and boom! I'd rather add a small shot of nitrous.

You don't need the 6060 with the kenne bell, the 3650 is tough enough for street driving. Now if you take it to the track with slicks, then you'll probably break the input shaft.

Last edited by moosestang; 05-15-2013 at 09:55 AM.
Old 05-15-2013, 10:19 AM
UsmcMustang
1st Gear Member

allright now to my cali guys asking how i passed smog , i didnt have to do it since i was stationed there with VA license plate and i am now back in va , i still have my cats just high flow cats instead of the stock ones

yes just like CMcNam , i am now back in va i just cant figure out how to change it in my profile haha

yes i thought about getting 3:73s since i will be doing more track than drag racing

the reason i want the tr 6060 is just the peace of mind , it is beefier and stronger than the tr 3650 , maybe down the road i will change my rear out for a moser one , now i dont know if the svt axle is better than the stock one for track racing , but that is far away since my exterior is starting to show its age as well

thank you everyone for giving me an idea what i am up against
Old 05-15-2013, 04:04 PM
UsmcMustang
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by jz
I call BS. That's clearly 359hp. You are such a liar.
damn you caught me , i was trieng to squeeze that 1 hp by you but you caught me
Old 05-15-2013, 06:01 PM
CPTCO
5th Gear Member

Glad to see this thread. My uncle is always bragging about how fast his Charger R/T is. I think it's a 09 or 10. I kind of feel like I can give him a run for his money.
Old 05-16-2013, 07:37 AM
UsmcMustang
1st Gear Member

from what i can see their weight is their weakness even though they got more hp
Old 05-16-2013, 08:30 AM
yellowneck86
2nd Gear Member

I beat my friends 2011 R/T charger by 3 car lengths. All I had at the time was my cold air intake and tune. kinda helps when your car doesnt weigh as much as a Honda Odyssey.

Quick Reply: srt8 challenger , any thoughts