Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Pulled the Trigger on a TVS 2300

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2013, 06:46 PM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

IMO it would be hard to do better than brenspeed. They tuned my car on the first try to perfection. Cams, longtubes, cai, m90 supercharger and it runs perfectly. The previous tuner had me turning on cels every few weeks. Buying your system through them is smart. The Roush setup on the new 5.0 motor is simply amazing. With a tune, and DRs your car will run in the 10's........simply incredible. Congrats.
Old 08-10-2013, 07:34 PM
Poppacapp
2nd Gear Member

If you are talking about the Coyote motor... if you go much over 600+rwhp, you are a ticking timebomb. You need to be careful with it. If you think 700rwhp is going to last long on a stock bottom end..... well... good luck.

Either way, you will love the extra power.. just dont go crazy with it with stock internals. Also, if you do blow the motor up, and think putting the car back to stock and warranty claiming it... just a note, Ford can tell if a tune has been on the car or not.

also if you are going with the Roush kit, you will have to send your ECU to them to be tuned. Not sure of the warranty Roush offers with their setup though.
Old 08-10-2013, 07:53 PM
yourmove
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Poppacapp
If you are talking about the Coyote motor... if you go much over 600+rwhp, you are a ticking timebomb. You need to be careful with it. If you think 700rwhp is going to last long on a stock bottom end..... well... good luck.

Either way, you will love the extra power.. just dont go crazy with it with stock internals. Also, if you do blow the motor up, and think putting the car back to stock and warranty claiming it... just a note, Ford can tell if a tune has been on the car or not.

also if you are going with the Roush kit, you will have to send your ECU to them to be tuned. Not sure of the warranty Roush offers with their setup though.
Yup - got it.

I know how to void a warranty.

There are many other vendors who tune the Roush kits.

Thanks for your help.
Old 08-10-2013, 08:00 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

Congrats, I think you will be very happy with the TVS. Keep us posted
Old 08-11-2013, 02:53 PM
Poppacapp
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by yourmove
Yup - got it.

I know how to void a warranty.

There are many other vendors who tune the Roush kits.

Thanks for your help.
Well, good luck with it. I'm sure you will love it. member in our club has a Roush kit on his 5.0.. he loves it. I believe he made 616rwhp with it. Only drawback to not letting Roush do the calibration is you don't get the Roush warranty.
Old 08-11-2013, 06:10 PM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

Brenspeed is a dealer distributor for them. I thought they still got it
Old 08-11-2013, 06:26 PM
yourmove
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Poppacapp
Well, good luck with it. I'm sure you will love it. member in our club has a Roush kit on his 5.0.. he loves it. I believe he made 616rwhp with it. Only drawback to not letting Roush do the calibration is you don't get the Roush warranty.
Yeah - I think that Roush or a Roush certified shop has to do the complete installation in order for the warranty.
Old 08-11-2013, 06:28 PM
yourmove
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by outceltj
Brenspeed is a dealer distributor for them. I thought they still got it
I do believe the kit is warrantied; however, the car is not unless performed by a Roush tech.
Old 08-11-2013, 07:29 PM
navytrev

From what I've read it does have to be installed by ford or roush for the warranty to stay. but the kit has a 1 year warranty outside of that I believe.

What kit did you go with? I am leaving towards the 625hp kit. I have the $$$ just not 100% yet if I need all that extra power ha. I plan to go with VMP tunings since it comes with a JLT CAI & their intercooler with twin fans for free. I already have an SCT tuner and brenspeed does offer -$210 for that. I emailed VMP asking if they offer the same discount. Have you gotten a quote for the install yet? A shop here in northern VA wants $1,700! Makes me want to do it myself that's a bit crazy.
Old 08-12-2013, 06:17 AM
yourmove
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by navytrev
From what I've read it does have to be installed by ford or roush for the warranty to stay. but the kit has a 1 year warranty outside of that I believe.

What kit did you go with? I am leaving towards the 625hp kit. I have the $$$ just not 100% yet if I need all that extra power ha. I plan to go with VMP tunings since it comes with a JLT CAI & their intercooler with twin fans for free. I already have an SCT tuner and brenspeed does offer -$210 for that. I emailed VMP asking if they offer the same discount. Have you gotten a quote for the install yet? A shop here in northern VA wants $1,700! Makes me want to do it myself that's a bit crazy.
I ordered the 710r kit late Friday.

However, I am starting think (before they ship today) I may also go with the 625 kit and use the balance for gauges.

I am not certain I need my car to be a donor for the 710 kit and/or that much power for my hobby car.

I does sound enticing but am a bit leery of the extended integrity of the drivetrain.

I do believe simple add-ons and tuning can be further done to gain more in the future.

I am going to install the kit myself.

Quick Reply: Pulled the Trigger on a TVS 2300