Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Can a NEW GT Premium auto be had for $30K OTD?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2013, 06:58 PM
barryg
1st Gear Member

Default Can a NEW GT Premium auto be had for $30K OTD?

Was wondering if this price is possible with rebated, Truecar...haggling etc.
A GT premium auto with no options is approx $36,990.

I only want to spend that much. Did Truecar and came back to around $32K.
Now dealers all spamming me with emails.

I could email them back my offer but I guess it's more effective in person.

Or is $30K OTD for a GT premium auto more or less a pipe dream.

Normally I don't even need leather but test drove an 2013 base auto and the cloth seats didn't seem nearly as comfortable as the leather seats...and seem pretty cheap even for cloth. So only going for Premium.

Thanks for any feedback.
Old 10-04-2013, 08:49 PM
torinalth

I'd seriously doubt it. best I was able to get quoted on a base GT track package was 29600 OTD, auto costs more than a 6MT, and premium is about 1500 more than the track.... so, take it for what it's worth. Good luck.
Old 10-04-2013, 10:05 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

A '13 GT Premium leftover COULD possibly go for that but you'd need to find the right dealer and might have to travel a bit to do it. With the 14's already on the street and talk about the 15's looming, you might catch that break as this year wraps up.
Old 10-05-2013, 06:03 PM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Out the door is always subjective. Everybody pays different tax and license rates. I imagine $32k+ is more realistic if you find the right dealer.
Old 10-07-2013, 10:13 PM
Quake Guy

Maybe, I had the chance to buy two different automatic convertible GTs for $29k & $31k before tax. And the $31k model was a premium. They were 2013s and on sale about 3 months ago.
Old 10-08-2013, 08:24 AM
cardude99
1st Gear Member

wait till net year when the 15's are closer to being released, you will get some good deals then. as for right now, i have to agree 32-34 seems more realistic, i have got a base model gt with no options and got it for between 29-30 otd.
Old 10-08-2013, 09:07 AM
shouldhavegottheGT
2nd Gear Member

Definitely a used 13. I see tons of them that are autos for around $28. After tags and title you should be around $30k
Old 10-11-2013, 11:40 AM
DPE
2nd Gear Member

Yes, you could probably get to $30k or pretty close; depends on what you qualify for. I just ordered my 14 on Saturday; GT Premium with Comfort Package and Brembo Package - Sticker = $38,140. With buying at invoice (seems to be the norm around here) plus $5k worth of rebates, we came to $31k out the door (save for sales tax, of course, which will suck). That's on a brand new special order 2014 with no trade or anything to muddy up the deal. There are $3500 in rebates on GT Premiums right now, and then I happen to lease a non-Ford vehicle and thus qualify for another $1000 'lease conquest rebate', and I am also an American Quarter Horse Association member so that's another $500. You may not be able to get those last two, but that's what I managed without much resistance from the dealer.

I wouldn't get a 2013; the value of having a model year newer car is at least a couple thousand, and until Ford puts some serious incentives in place to get rid of the 13s you're not talking enough of a difference in current incentives (between 13 and 14) to make it worthwhile. And besides, it'll be cool to have the 'last of the breed', so to speak. I suspect my car will be in the last few months of production as far as S197 Mustangs go. Just hope I get a 'good' MT82. . .
Old 10-11-2013, 12:25 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Originally Posted by barryg
Was wondering if this price is possible with rebated, Truecar...haggling etc.
A GT premium auto with no options is approx $36,990.

I only want to spend that much. Did Truecar and came back to around $32K.
Now dealers all spamming me with emails.

I could email them back my offer but I guess it's more effective in person.

Or is $30K OTD for a GT premium auto more or less a pipe dream.

Normally I don't even need leather but test drove an 2013 base auto and the cloth seats didn't seem nearly as comfortable as the leather seats...and seem pretty cheap even for cloth. So only going for Premium.

Thanks for any feedback.
That's why I don't register with sites when I'm doing research. Too much BS spam.

You can haggle through E-mail. Did that with my wife's 2013 Turbo Beetle, BUT I was much closer to what was reasonable for the OTD price of the TB than you are on the Mustang... For a Premium. You are pipe dreaming it IMO. I'd say for a deluxe (basic) you could probably do it. Not the Premium.
Old 10-11-2013, 12:27 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Originally Posted by DPE
Yes, you could probably get to $30k or pretty close; depends on what you qualify for. I just ordered my 14 on Saturday; GT Premium with Comfort Package and Brembo Package - Sticker = $38,140. With buying at invoice (seems to be the norm around here) plus $5k worth of rebates, we came to $31k out the door (save for sales tax, of course, which will suck). That's on a brand new special order 2014 with no trade or anything to muddy up the deal. There are $3500 in rebates on GT Premiums right now, and then I happen to lease a non-Ford vehicle and thus qualify for another $1000 'lease conquest rebate', and I am also an American Quarter Horse Association member so that's another $500. You may not be able to get those last two, but that's what I managed without much resistance from the dealer.

I wouldn't get a 2013; the value of having a model year newer car is at least a couple thousand, and until Ford puts some serious incentives in place to get rid of the 13s you're not talking enough of a difference in current incentives (between 13 and 14) to make it worthwhile. And besides, it'll be cool to have the 'last of the breed', so to speak. I suspect my car will be in the last few months of production as far as S197 Mustangs go. Just hope I get a 'good' MT82. . .
30K maybe but not OTD price. OTD (out the door) means tax, license, dealer fees, registration etc. That's about $2500-$3500 on top of the price of the car.

That means he'd have to get the car at 27Kish. Not likely on a Premium.

Quick Reply: Can a NEW GT Premium auto be had for $30K OTD?