Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

exhaust for 2006

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2005, 03:32 PM
dakota

Default exhaust for 2006

I am expecting my 2006 gt in days I was wondering what are the best after market exhaust systems out there and do they effect the warranty?
Old 10-18-2005, 06:55 PM
F00Mustang
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: exhaust for 2006

All the major exhaust companies (flowmast, borla, ect.) make axle-back kits for the new Stangs. If your changing the exhaust for performance gains, don't expect much difference. just a little bit. The OEM exaust flows really well for stock. If your changing for sound, you'll just need to decide for yourself.
Old 10-19-2005, 12:58 PM
swieduwi
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: dakota

I am expecting my 2006 gt in days I was wondering what are the best after market exhaust systems out there and do they effect the warranty?
In addition to F00Mustang post.
I would like to add that Anything you add Can Void the warranty, this could also depend on the dealer, The Nice thing about axle-back is that it is easy to swap out, so if you need to put back to stock it should only take you a half hour
Old 10-19-2005, 06:24 PM
757GT
I ♥ Acer

The axle back won't void your warrenty. I have the loud mouth and if you want loud I would go with it. I love it! Flowmaster sounds really good of course but it is not that loud.
Old 10-20-2005, 04:58 PM
TruBlu03GT
2nd Gear Member

I have the Flowmaster American thunder axle-back, ford racing equal lengths, and a pypes o/r x-pipe and I absolutly LOVE the sound of my car! The SLP's are def. loud as hell, but I was lookin more for the classic growl of my stang, so I had to roll with the Flows
Old 12-03-2005, 12:27 AM
FREAKO
2nd Gear Member

A common question is "Do aftermarket parts void my factory warranty?". The answer to this is no! In fact it is illegal for a manufacturer to do so unless they can prove that the added part specifically caused or contributed to the failure. Where is this stated?

Reference: MAGNUSON MOSS WARRANTY ACT - 15 U.S.C. 2302 (C)

This federal law regulates warranties for the protection of consumers. The essence of the law concerning aftermarket auto parts is that a vehicle manufacturer may not condition a written or implied warranty on the consumers using parts or services which are identified by brand, trade, or corporate name (such as the vehicle maker's brand) unless the parts or service are provided free of charge. The law means that the use of an aftermarket part alone is not cause for denying the warranty. However, the law's protection does not extend to aftermarket parts in situations where such parts actually caused the damage being claimed under the warranty. Further, consumers are advised to be aware of any specific terms or conditions stated in the warranty which may result in its being voided. The law states in relevant part:

“No warrantor of a consumer product may condition his written or implied warranty of such product on the consumers using, in connection with such product, any article or service (other than article or service provided without charge under the terms of the warranty) which is identified by brand, trade or corporate name...†(15 U.S.C. 2302(C)).

Old 12-03-2005, 07:29 PM
JJ_Stang
2nd Gear Member

I have the SLP Loudmouths and they are Very loud, and no drone, I am very happy with them would not choose any of the others, unless you were looking for something that is not loud.
Old 12-03-2005, 11:32 PM
FREAKO
2nd Gear Member

I just installed one of the FRPP axle-back exhaust kits today, all of 8 bolts, 2 clamps and 1 hour to do it. These mufflers are the same thing Steeda has and I believe they are made by Borla. The mufflers are round in shape. Defintiely different sound....lower and louder. There is some drone when in 5th gear when you give it some gas to accelerate but when cruising, it's not too bad. I like 'em.
Old 12-03-2005, 11:48 PM
andyman
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: FREAKO

I just installed one of the FRPP axle-back exhaust kits today, all of 8 bolts, 2 clamps and 1 hour to do it. These mufflers are the same thing Steeda has and I believe they are made by Borla. The mufflers are round in shape. Defintiely different sound....lower and louder. There is some drone when in 5th gear when you give it some gas to accelerate but when cruising, it's not too bad. I like 'em.
yeah just wait until they are broken in!! They sound ****ing awesome. Today i saw an image in my rear view mirror that will always be coupled with borla products: the smoke from a long *** burnout from rolling in 1st and then seeing the strips emerge from the smoke as i drove away all while thinking to myself good lord i love that exhaust note
Old 12-04-2005, 12:14 AM
FREAKO
2nd Gear Member

thats funny you say that.....when I did my check-ride today, listening to the new sound....I thought the same thing....wait till these get broken in !!!

Quick Reply: exhaust for 2006