Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

VCM II IDS V86 calibration files not available

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2015, 12:41 PM
Fastkurve

Default VCM II IDS V86 calibration files not available

So I bought a VCMII which came along with 3 discs. I used the V86 version one, with its patch, then connect the VCM to the car and tried to download as built code to make my shaker 500 head unit working with the aux in. My car is a Boss 2012. It came out of the factory with the basic radio which is way too low standard to me as a matter of sound quality. I swap the OEM unit for a shaker 500 one, swap the speakers for Pioneer ones. Everything works ok besides the AUX IN does not work any more. Reviewing threads about basic radio upgrade along with the popular one for the cluster swap, I understood that as built codes likely need to be changed to have the aux in working again with the shaker 500 unit.

Since I am looking for the cluster swap & sync upgrade , I decided to buy a VCM !! to complete these upgrades down the road.

Also bought a used laptop with windows 7 clean installed on it, along with acrobat reader and basic microsoft office.

I saw on the web, guys using the calibration files from the V81 version, but when I tried with the V81 disc I had with my VCM, I get a message "component transfer error" anf it stopped the installation of the calibration files.

Anyone would know what is going on with this and what would be the fix ?

thanks,

Robert
Old 04-04-2015, 06:51 PM
jz78817
4th Gear Member

the problem is you're trying to transfer the "as built" configuration into your car which is no longer in "as built" condition. you've changed the radio, so the as built config for it is no longer valid.

and you're not going to get any better sound quality out of the Shaker 500 head unit. the audio hardware is the same as the base radio; the only difference is the Shaker 500 unit has the AUX outputs to drive the subwoofer amps, and it has a different EQ since Shaker has different door speakers.
Old 04-04-2015, 07:00 PM
Fastkurve

Originally Posted by jz78817
the problem is you're trying to transfer the "as built" configuration into your car which is no longer in "as built" condition. you've changed the radio, so the as built config for it is no longer valid.

and you're not going to get any better sound quality out of the Shaker 500 head unit. the audio hardware is the same as the base radio; the only difference is the Shaker 500 unit has the AUX outputs to drive the subwoofer amps, and it has a different EQ since Shaker has different door speakers.

Thanks for answering. This is exactly this. I am aware that the shaker 500 has different as built files. I know I have to change it. Ths issue I was posting for, was the fact that I was not able to download the calibration files files from the V81 version disc on my laptop becasuse of the transfer component error I got during this process. This, is the issue I am trying to solve, in order to change the as built codes for the shaker 500, subsequently.

As for the sound quality, I can assure you that the sound is better with this new unit. I also got the stallite radio by the same time, I just have to find a satellite antenna to plug it to the head unit.

thanks,

Robert
Old 04-05-2015, 08:34 AM
jz78817
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Fastkurve
Thanks for answering. This is exactly this. I am aware that the shaker 500 has different as built files. I know I have to change it. Ths issue I was posting for, was the fact that I was not able to download the calibration files files from the V81 version disc on my laptop becasuse of the transfer component error I got during this process. This, is the issue I am trying to solve, in order to change the as built codes for the shaker 500, subsequently.
I'm confused. are you simply trying to flip configuration bits, or are you trying to flash the radio with a calibration file? if it's the latter, and you're trying to flash in the as-built radio calibration into a Shaker 500 radio, it will fail.

As for the sound quality, I can assure you that the sound is better with this new unit. I also got the stallite radio by the same time, I just have to find a satellite antenna to plug it to the head unit.
it will sound different because of the different EQ. if you like it better, ok then.

edit: OK, re-reading your post I see what you want to do. the Shaker system came with SYNC standard, so the Aux in Jack (AIJ) on the radio is disabled. I'm not too familiar with the VCM tester. Can you use it to pull the config data from the ACM (module ID 0x727,) specifically DIDs 0xDE00 through 0xDE06? You can send as a PM if you want.

Last edited by jz78817; 04-05-2015 at 08:42 AM.
Old 04-05-2015, 01:26 PM
Fastkurve

Here are the difference between a Boss 2012 vs GT Prenuim as for the ACM code ones. I widh I could PM you, I just can't find the way to do it Loll
When I click your user name, there is no option for private message ??
Old 04-05-2015, 08:00 PM
jz78817
4th Gear Member

Here are the difference between a Boss 2012 vs GT Prenuim as for the ACM code ones. I widh I could PM you, I just can't find the way to do it Loll
When I click your user name, there is no option for private message ??
you don't have enough posts to PM yet (it's to prevent spammers from registering and immediately blowing up people's inboxes.)

let me see what I can do with this info.
Old 04-05-2015, 08:29 PM
Fastkurve

Originally Posted by jz78817
you don't have enough posts to PM yet (it's to prevent spammers from registering and immediately blowing up people's inboxes.)

let me see what I can do with this info.

Ok thanks
Old 04-10-2015, 05:49 PM
Fastkurve

Anything new about this ? thanks
Old 04-10-2015, 07:16 PM
jz78817
4th Gear Member

Anything new about this ? thanks
I'm trying, but for a "government job" I can't be too much of a pest.
Old 04-11-2015, 10:13 AM
Fastkurve

Lolll!! no problem.

I finally been able to fix some issues I had with my VCM and calibration files thing, along with accessing the module programming option which I was not able to select before yesterday night.

I will , by the end of the day, try to play around with some as built codes that I found from other mustang VIN. Hopefully, it should work.

Thanks again for feedback.

Quick Reply: VCM II IDS V86 calibration files not available