Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

I need help

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2015, 07:34 PM
Nhra427

Default I need help

I have a 2006 gt with 80,000 miles i was thinking of installing ***** thumpa cams. But maybe later adding a super charger.I want to know what cams would work the best,sound good .going with 3.73 gears its an auto going to put in a converter .long tube headers but I want a mach 1 hood scoop .should I go with vortech or a roots.also what kinda hp can you get with a cam change and a supercharger and what can is better to get ready and works the best.
Old 07-20-2015, 08:11 AM
BobbyBatronic

From what I've read on these forums, cams are pretty pricey to install and unless you have money to blow or the car is a regular at the track, the cost isn't worth the 30-60 hp gain. I would say go with a twin screw supercharger but if you want a shaker system like the mach 1 go vortech/paxton. Overall HP gains really depends on the mods you choose and the tune on your car. As far as sound goes, YouTube is a great place to see how different exhaust and cam set ups sound. Sorry if this didn't really answer all of your questions but hopefully it helps a bit.
Old 07-20-2015, 08:14 AM
BobbyBatronic

You can also look through the reviews on AmericanMuscle.com and you can usually find people listing their hp gains so you can get a general idea.