Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

5 Month report and questions/issues

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2016, 07:39 AM
MNKYBZNZ

Default 5 Month report and questions/issues

First, let me say Im lumping several issues together to avoid multiple posts:

Ive had my 14 5 months now, and some issues have popped up. Ive put like 1500 miles on it since I got it.
First, the Brembo brakes. While the pads, from what I can see, look very good, but in the center of each rotor, like maybe 3/4" wide, is a dark area, all the way around the rotors, and the rest of the rotor surface is rough looking and feeling, not smooth like other rotors I have. Is this somewhat normal for Brembos? It still stops fine.

Second, a two part pertaining to winter. Ive notices a slight tick when its cold and first started up. This goes away after a couple of minutes. Im not too awful worried about this just yet, as my buddies Dad has this same tick in his truck, and its not like the "death tick" Ive heard in videos on YouTube, and as I said, it goes away. Secondly, this thing takes what seems like forever to heat up when its cold outside. Its was like 37 when I left for work this morning, and took almost 9 miles to gt up to temp, and that was letting it warm up like 5 minutes before I left. My other vehicles, all GM, are all up to temp in half that distance, but I will say my sons Ranger, although completely different other than being a Ford, does this too. Is it normal for them to take a little while in winter to warm up good? Third, the rear window defrost. Are these really that crappy, or could I havea problem? It takes forever to clear the slightest fog inside, and wont hardly melt frost unless the car is warm inside already.

Finally, this one is way off for technical, but no matter what I do, I cant keep water spots from forming on every outside surface. I keep it covered, but after my last detail job, the wife and I were coming home from a short trip, and it poured down rain, and you guessed it, next morning the water spots had returned. Any suggestions?

Now, after all this complaining, I still love my car!!!!
Old 12-16-2016, 12:27 AM
Mjk-94

If the rotors are too rough when you touch them and uneven surface you can get them machined, do you have vibration in steering when applying brake ?

I think you don't have any problems because I face pretty much the same stuff you mentioned
Especially the water spots thing, I sometimes use a clay bar it helps a little but you can get a Water spot remover and try it
Old 03-13-2017, 12:18 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

The water spots are from either acid rain or ocean moisture or a combination, depending on where you live in SC. All you can do is keep the car well-waxed and then wash it ASAP after it rains.
Old 03-24-2017, 05:31 PM
wheelspin

I live in MN, and my 14 warms up within 3 to 4 miles. Ages faster than my Prius does...
Perhaps previous owner put a colder tstat in?