Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Rubbing sound and burning smell

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2017, 01:24 PM
needinghelp

Default Rubbing sound and burning smell

My 2008 manual GT (71,000 miles) has a rubbing sound coming from what appears to be the driver side. It sounds sort of like air being released, but I don't think that's what it is. It's very faint, my exhaust is loud so I have to let my car coast in neutral to hear it. The faster my car coasts the faster the sound is, then as the car slows it slows also. It's a continuous intermittent sound, as if it makes the rubbing sound for every complete rotation of the tire. Hopefully that makes sense. Then once I break I hear it constantly until I come to a stop.

I can then smell a burning smell from what seems to be the back tires.

Im thinking it's the brakes but I suck at cars and want to see what everyone else thinks it might be. I'll be taking it to the garage and replacing the breaks myself (or whatever you guys say it is) tomorrow.
Old 09-14-2017, 08:19 AM
SpecOps-13@tampabay.rr.com

Feel the brakes to see if is any one of them after a drive they will be hot normally so be careful. Otherwise tire rubbing?????