Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Will these do the job ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2005, 02:13 PM
saud alzaabi
3rd Gear Member

Default Will these do the job ?

hey guys,

just got back from the dealer and they said i need to pay $$$$$$$ to trade mine for a manual anyway on the way back i raced a 2004 gt with exhaust but i dont know if it had something in the stomach...haha anyway i beat it and i got home with a big smile...but i made this new post to ask..

putting filters and intakes will wear out the warranty soi thought that if putting like gears 4.10 and everything else is stock will that make the diffrence between manual or automatic ? ok never mind the manual and auto thing but will it actually make me beast a stock auto gt ?

also as i said many times my car understeers so will these work ?

thanks

saud alzaabi
Old 11-07-2005, 02:32 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Default RE: Will these do the job ?

A remap of the auto shift pattern will help your auto be a little quicker and more consistent. Auto vs manual was a big debate in the 99-04 stangs because the auto's in those years ARE slower than the manual trannies.

Not so true in the 05 and up models. If you get a tuner (Xcal, predator, etc) for your car it will be the same as a manual or almost better than. Worst case scenario is it will help you be more consistent in.

As for warranty voiding... do a search on the forum about that... most threads regarding that topic are myths or misconceptions.
http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/...s/warranty.htm
Old 11-07-2005, 02:42 PM
saud alzaabi
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Derf00

A remap of the auto shift pattern will help your auto be a little quicker and more consistent. Auto vs manual was a big debate in the 99-04 stangs because the auto's in those years ARE slower than the manual trannies.

Not so true in the 05 and up models. If you get a tuner (Xcal, predator, etc) for your car it will be the same as a manual or almost better than. Worst case scenario is it will help you be more consistent in.

As for warranty voiding... do a search on the forum about that... most threads regarding that topic are myths or misconceptions.
http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/...s/warranty.htm

no about that warranty were diffrent in UAE if they saw just a filter on the car they will cancel the wrranty too bad i know

but whats that remap thing ?
Old 11-07-2005, 11:13 PM
Hambone
2nd Gear Member

How about a Ford Racing filter, gears, and tuner?? Maybe they will honor your warranty if they put it in

http://www.fordracingparts.com/perfo...cepackages.asp

Check out the three packages....

Old 11-07-2005, 11:56 PM
spyder7724
4th Gear Member

i picked up 3 tenths of a second by switching to 3.73's. i didn't go with the 4.10's just for drivability and i had already ordered the torque converter. if they won't honor the warranty with a tuner or cai i suspect they will really dislike the gears in the car. also unless you have the tuner your speedo will be way off when you change gears. i ran my car with just the tuner and got a 13.70 with a 1.99 60' best. that would be close to a stock 5speed.
Old 11-08-2005, 01:34 AM
The Ghost
3rd Gear Member

I have done a GREAT deal of shift pattern changes to my auto through the xcalibrator software. I am upshifting at 6300 rpm at WOT but i have changed the behavior throughout the RPM range. One thing that i have done that I really like is I have gone very aggressive on the downshift. It now downshifts at 0 throttle position as if I were in a standard and pulling down the gears. Get that cool little chirp when it downshifts from 3-2 and 2-1. I currently have my line pressure set so that I just barely chirp when it shifts from 1-2 and 2-3 and 3-4 on street rubber. I figure if I ever go to slicks I can bump up the pressure to get a harder/quicker shift.
Old 11-08-2005, 04:27 AM
tradetheoex
1st Gear Member

If your going to buy a tuner, don't buy the Predator if you have an automatic! There's no way to adjust the shift firmness with the Diablosport Predator. I know. I bought it and much to my surprise, you can't adjust it. Don't believe the ads either. All thr retailers advertise that the Predator adjusts shift firmness but they haven't been able to on the 05' and 06' GT's yet.
Old 11-08-2005, 05:49 AM
saud alzaabi
3rd Gear Member

HMM...ok well lets say i got an intake and xcalibur2 and when the service times comes i set back the tuner programing to stock and re-equip the stick intake/filter will there be a way that the dealer would know ?
Old 11-09-2005, 12:19 AM
roadking4life
1st Gear Member

If you buy genuine ford parts and have the dealer install them they will honor your warranty.
Old 11-09-2005, 12:21 AM
spyder7724
4th Gear Member

how about using a k&n drop in replacement filter and an xcal2. that way when you go in for service you can just load in the stock tune and leave the filter in. that replacement filter requires no retune but will pick you up about 5hp for less than $50. a cai alone will only pick up about 10-15hp the rest of the gains usually come from the tuner they make you buy with it. with those two items you should pick up conservatively 25-30hp same in torque. easy mid 13 sec. car!

Quick Reply: Will these do the job ?