Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

BRENSPEED DYNO TESTS OFF ROAD H-PIPE

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2005, 01:00 AM
BRENSPEED
Former Sponsor

Default BRENSPEED DYNO TESTS OFF ROAD H-PIPE

We had been contacted several times with requests to offer an off raod H-pipe for the 05/06 GT. People had different reasons why they wanted an H-pipe. Some because of the sound issue with the X-pipe and others because of fit issues when you combine an X-pipe with driveshaft loops. As asked for we will soon be offering a Pypes Off Road H-pipe and the gains are good for the price. Pypes delivered our proto-type unit last week and the results are in. We had a local company perform the independent test so we could provide un-biased dyno numbers because we are the only company that is going to have this H-pipe. They made 3 pulls with the stock catted H-pipe and then installed the Pypes Off Road H-pipe. Another 3 pulls were made and the gains were impressive. You will notice in the graph power is gained at all RPM's. That is nice to see because some parts only produce gains at high RPM's.

The 05 GT picked up 8 rear wheel horsepower at only 5,000 RPM's and as much as 10 foot pounds at 4300 RPM's. This is also a no tune required plug and play part. We made ZERO changes to the tune before and after this test. If you do not have our tune you can install this pipe just like we did and make power. If you are a current programmer customer you will get a new tune with this H-pipe at no charge as we do fine tune our programs for each part to squeeze the most power out of each one based off of your various intake combination.

I am having a November special on these if you want to get in on the Pre-Sale. At only $159 shipped it is a part that actually adds power. Considering I have tested $500 parts that made less than 2 HP I give off road mid-pipes in general a thumbs up.

CLICK TO CHECK OUT BRENSPEED MID-PIPE OPTIONS

Old 11-15-2005, 01:33 AM
andyman
4th Gear Member

Default RE: BRENSPEED DYNO TESTS OFF ROAD H-PIPE

Hot diggity I think i will jump that if i can scavenge the money form somewhere....think ill sell my old paintball gun

Old 11-15-2005, 10:56 AM
ren274u
3rd Gear Member

Was the 10hp with the stock exhaust?
Old 11-15-2005, 07:31 PM
gregsdart
1st Gear Member

What would be the effect of a set of shorty headers, or long tubes combined with this Hpipe, and utilizing the stock mufflers? Any idea how it might sound? I have a saleen blower that is going on this winter, and am considering working on the exhaust to help out the blower a bit and keep the boost down and still get a good amount of power out of it. Do you tune for saleen blowers, by the way?
Old 11-17-2005, 07:36 PM
BRENSPEED
Former Sponsor

ORIGINAL: ren274u

Was the 10hp with the stock exhaust?
Stock headers, Mac mufflers. Gains should be the same with most any muffler.

Old 11-17-2005, 08:15 PM
inagadadavida

So with the stock mufflers, you will get the same increase in horsepower?
Old 11-18-2005, 12:00 AM
BRENSPEED
Former Sponsor

ORIGINAL: inagadadavida

So with the stock mufflers, you will get the same increase in horsepower?
I did not try that but considering most aftermarket mufflers pick up only a couple HP I would say the gains would be very similiar.
Old 11-18-2005, 03:13 PM
inagadadavida

I am definitely going to get that H pipe. Does Brenspeed take phone orders over the weekend?
Old 11-18-2005, 11:01 PM
cfr865
3rd Gear Member

Question; will this pipe void your factory warranty?
Old 11-19-2005, 06:18 AM
Badger

is this a "bolt-on" meaning.....when it comes time to smog the car can you simply unbolt the your H-pipe, bolt the stocker on and visa versa without having to modify the exhaust in any way.....or is it not that simple.

Quick Reply: BRENSPEED DYNO TESTS OFF ROAD H-PIPE