Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

supercharger question

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2005, 02:13 PM
clubt

Default supercharger question

My next list of things to do to my vert is add the Ronaele Mustang body kit to my car including the Blingz wheels. This will set me back a little so in the Spring I'm going to sc my vert.
Lokking at the ATI Procharger, Saleen, Vortech etc kits. Which kits give the best bang for the buck and what experiences has anyone had with them. Thanks.
Here's a pic of the way my car will look with teh kit.

[IMG]local://upfiles/21295/9D063FC9E3564D5BAFA8E6CA2A68BBD2.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/21295/DC982A3DEC4D4C05B00238AB1D61CFC0.jpg[/IMG]
Old 11-17-2005, 02:17 PM
tripsevn7
Moderating with Angels

Default RE: supercharger question

personally i like ati but as with all quality aftermarket systems, everyone has their own opinion on what is the best
Old 11-17-2005, 04:20 PM
05sonic_bluGT
1st Gear Member

go with the procharger..... best hands down....
Old 11-19-2005, 04:32 PM
chevykiller
I ♥ Acer

It all depends on how much power you want to be able to achieve. Vortech high output is the best because of the upgrades you can do to it. You can install a T-trim kit that will put out 14-18 pounds of boost that will smoke the competition but you will need to do some major engine mods to be able to handle it. It will also set you back about 9K for the entire system with upgrade. By the looks of what you want, you're looking for a show car more than a drag car, so I would stick to any affordable s/c putting out 6-9 pounds of boost. Although for performance I am an avid Vortech supporter, for what I think your needs are, the procharger would probably be a good choice.

[IMG]local://upfiles/24802/0C39DE7B2BDA43459A78DA9E731CCF2B.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/24802/E869DE1B95B04A7CAF52D15FAD2EDE15.jpg[/IMG]
Old 11-20-2005, 01:52 AM
jbailer
3rd Gear Member

ATI certainly has a good reputation with the ProCharger but have you seen where they leave the Intake? There is no way I could feel good about that application. I think the Vortech is the next step up from the ATI ProCharger, both are similar to a turbo with building boost and able to produce big gains on the top end but sacrificing torque on the low end. Personally, I'd even prefer a roots or centrifugal to those. The Saleen is a twin screw and I really like those! The twin screw is the most efficient blower technology. The next thing you need to look at is the parts that come with the kit and the efficiency of the blower itself. There are 3 twin screws that I'm aware of; Saleen, Kenne Bell and Whipple. I don't know the specs on the Saleen to be honest but of the 3, I selected the Whipple. The total package was very well thought out and the placement of the air intake is the best I've seen in the front right of the engine compartment including a heat shield. I'm extremely excited to have so many to choose from. My last project only had 1 available with the exception of a custom built turbo. By the way, that pic looks GREAT! -Joe
Old 11-21-2005, 12:26 PM
gt6974a
1st Gear Member

I'd go with a twin screw blower personally which means Saleen or KB
Old 11-21-2005, 01:05 PM
jbailer
3rd Gear Member

Why do you only mention KB or Saleen? Are you excluding Whipple on purpose? I have no experience with the Whipple sc but after talking to a rep there, I really like what they have done with the entire kit. If there is something else I need to know about the Whipple please share. -Joe
ORIGINAL: gt6974a

Old 11-21-2005, 01:33 PM
gt6974a
1st Gear Member

Not excluding whipple on purpose. Like you said the kit is the important thing to look at and I've been looking at Saleen and KB

Just haven't been reading too much on the whipple but I'll give it a look.

ORIGINAL: jbailer

Why do you only mention KB or Saleen? Are you excluding Whipple on purpose? I have no experience with the Whipple sc but after talking to a rep there, I really like what they have done with the entire kit. If there is something else I need to know about the Whipple please share. -Joe
ORIGINAL: gt6974a

Old 11-21-2005, 02:50 PM
Birdieman4
5th Gear Member

The Saleen series VI blower is about the same price as Prochargers kit. It sells for $4,999. This is the BEST posititve displacment blower for the 05-6's. Not even close. Saleen's inverted blower technology allows for very efficient, long intake runners. IMO, hands down, the Saleen unit is the overall best blower for the 05-6's.
Old 11-21-2005, 08:39 PM
jbailer
3rd Gear Member

Birdieman4,

Why do you say the Saleen is the best? I'm definitely not being defensive, I'm tryin to make the most informed decision. It will still be at least a few months before I will purchase since I haven't even taken delivery of the car yet and I want to brake it in before blower install. Saleen makes a twin screw blower which by design is the most efficient. So does Kenne Bell and Whipple. I think it is easy to argue for those against roots or centrifugal. Against the ProCharger or a turbo, they have different advantages. Turbos have the ability to produce very large gains and have little parasitic loss. However, it isn't for everyone. I want general drivability with lots of torque on the low end and good power gains accross the RPM curve.

I'm familiar with KB and consider them pioneers in evolving forced induction. However, I just think Whipple is putting together a little better package. Plus the do 100 hour continuos tests on their applications before release. I haven't found a way to talk to anyone at Saleen yet but would like to learn about more about their application. Do you know something about it to help with a purchasing decision? -Joe

Quick Reply: supercharger question