Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

WMS Cold Air Intake ??

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2005, 03:18 PM
jbailer
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: WMS Cold Air Intake ??

The C&L had fitment issues on the Saleen supercharger? Was it worked out? I think the C&L is the best design I've seen so far and I'm considering the Saleen sc. I can't believe they set that WMS right on top of the radiator. I know you don't sit still for long but I'm thinking about lights and 1/4 mile. -Joe
Old 11-26-2005, 03:42 PM
GJP05
3rd Gear Member

It was not fitment issue with the S/C and the C&L it was the hood. You can still use the C&L with the Saleen S/C but in order to close the hood you need to notch it slightly. You need to pull off the insulation then notch the hood where the elbow of the pipe meets the hood then you can put the insulation back on and you won't even see the notch.
Old 11-26-2005, 05:37 PM
Airborneflyguy
2nd Gear Member

exactly...maybe I shoulda been more specific. Basicly I was wondering if the notch would be necessary with the ford kit. I'm not a big fan of cutting into things on a new car. It's not bad for it and not noticable but I still don't wanna do it.

And the WMS has a heat shield available for their CAI...wonder how well that works when you're sitting still?
Old 11-26-2005, 06:42 PM
andyman
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Airborneflyguy

exactly...maybe I shoulda been more specific. Basicly I was wondering if the notch would be necessary with the ford kit. I'm not a big fan of cutting into things on a new car. It's not bad for it and not noticable but I still don't wanna do it.

And the WMS has a heat shield available for their CAI...wonder how well that works when you're sitting still?
you could probably line the underside of the shield with aluminum foil and metal tape or something to help block the heat more I guess.....
Old 11-27-2005, 09:41 AM
DAVE05GT
2nd Gear Member

I'm not a huge fan of the WMS, just too LS1 ish.
Old 11-27-2005, 02:36 PM
sowaxeman
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: Airborneflyguy

Look at their website - the Ram-air Shield shaves 36 degrees at 50 mph - and the 5.0 article mentioned considerable temp savings when on the dyno, but they didn't state any numbers.
Old 11-27-2005, 06:05 PM
Airborneflyguy
2nd Gear Member

Is that 36 degrees from stock or from the WMS w/o the heat shield though...
Old 11-27-2005, 11:56 PM
fasterthanyou

Whats the link to the WMS CAI Ram air system? i cant seem to find it...its for a 04 gt auto. thanks!
Old 11-28-2005, 12:01 AM
sowaxeman
Retired Moderator

Got to www.wmsracing.com and click on the pic of the 2005 right on the home page. Its 36 degrees from stock.

Sorry - just re-read your post. Not sure if they make one like that for the 2004.
Old 11-28-2005, 12:22 AM
Airborneflyguy
2nd Gear Member

Don't think so...correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the 04 throttle body located at the rear of the engine? And 36 degrees from stock is mighty impressive.

Quick Reply: WMS Cold Air Intake ??