Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

CDC Shaker

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2005, 10:58 PM
nascaracing

Default CDC Shaker

Yes, this has been posted on another forum. Just looking too see if some people didn't catch it over there. So please be kind. OK...

All right all you gear heads. Tell me this. I've done some research and also emailed CDC, along with looking threw the search here for a thread on the CDC Shaker system. Only one reply stated 150rwhp increase with a supercharger added. When I emailed CDC and asked them for there HP, increase, there response was 6HP. Granted the shaker system looks cool, great, fantastic, whatever you want to call it. But would someone explain to me, that if this the only increase in HP, other then looks why would anyone want to pay roughly $140.00 per HP for there new 2005 Mustang. Again other then looks. I'm sure that for $140.00 I could come up with something that looked very similiar. It may not produce any more HP then what I have. BUT????? I think we all need to tell CDC, that for there price we would expect a lot more then just 6HP.

Let me all know what you think, and please leave the bad attidtudes, and pulpit lectures for someone else. I only want the facts......

Old 12-10-2005, 12:44 AM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: CDC Shaker

Well as long as you are not being picky in the type of answer we are allowed to offer you...

First mistake-Taking a vendor's word for granted on HP gained by an aftermarket product. There is actually someone on another board that we are not allowed to say the name of over here that did a dyno pull with a stock airbox, then on the same day did a dyno pull with a airbox modified to work with a shaker system, and (on a dyno ) he actually lost a HP or two. BUT, something to take in to consideration that is not going to be reflected on a dyno is actual wind speed you can force through the scoop at differing driving speeds. This will most likely result in a performance increase of some kind. Now how CDC could possbly measure or estimate this I do not know. But for sure on a normal dyno it actually showed a HP reduction. Everyone that I know that has installed a shaker has also commented on a fuel economy increase of a couple of miles per gallon. Another feasable byproduct that wouldn't be a bad thing.
I personally don't think paying $812 ( including shipping ) for "claimed" 6hp is any worse than the poor suckers paying $500 for billet throttle bodies and only gaining 2hp, or paying $120+ for molded ( or fiberglass if you got an earlier version ) plenium covers that actually add to heat soak and could possibly decrease HP by a couple, or 20" wheels that you know the added unsprung weight takes away HP.... Bottom line, why do any of us do anything to the vehicles? Because we want it.

But hey, if you want to step up to bat and start a petition drive to get CDC to lower the price of the shakers, I say go for it. Hell, for a couple of hundred less I might even consider buying one!
Old 12-12-2005, 05:59 PM
GGIII
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: CDC Shaker

I really love the shaker... But I just don't know about the price, yah?

I'm also concerned about the shaker + my CAI and the possible strut tower brace... =(