Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Cam's

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2005, 10:57 AM
Sonic3v
4th Gear Member

Default Cam's

Anyone see th 3v cams from BBR? they sound pretty sick nice power gains as well. Here is a clip.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...46482213742032
Old 12-23-2005, 03:14 PM
spyder7724
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Cam's

i couldn't find any dyno #'s. what are the gains with these cams?
Old 12-23-2005, 03:16 PM
Sonic3v
4th Gear Member

http://www.blowbyracing.com/dyno.htm

I want to see what they get with the blower or n2o
Old 12-23-2005, 03:31 PM
chevykiller
I ♥ Acer

Before anyone thinks about BBR cams - I strongly suggest you check out the modular fords forums. There was a 4 month thread with hundreds of posts bashing this product. The main point was they were accused of padding their results and kept ducking and dodging challenges from dyno shops to test their cams for free at various other local dyno shops. They ducked and dodged forever and made a lot of people angry and skeptical. Based on the hundreds of posts regarding them, I wouldn't give them the time of day.

EDIT - this site won't allow me to mention another forum website so you'll have to find it on your own. Trust me - there is a lot of negative feedback on them.
Old 12-23-2005, 03:34 PM
Sonic3v
4th Gear Member

really? haha, i had just stumbled across them and was wondering if any of you had seen them. Question asnwered.
Old 12-23-2005, 07:27 PM
spyder7724
4th Gear Member

i've called everyone and so far nobody is really making a set of cams for this thing. i would love to see comp offer something like a magnum series with the beehive springs. i know a local cam/crank company that would probably work with me but i have used his stuff in the past with lack luster results so i don't think he's a good choice. saleen is working on them but they are not avalible yet. crower makes blanks but no off shelf grinds yet and although i have lots of experience with engines and performance items i'm not smart enough to design my own cam especially one for this tricky engine. key is to retain the VCT...i just think that technology is too good to just bypass. come on frpp help us!!
Old 12-24-2005, 01:34 AM
chevykiller
I ♥ Acer

Spyder I know you have been patient but just a little longer. Mine are being manufactured by a VERY well known company and mine is the first production pair so I can't say anything till they are on the car and they give me the okay. They should be done in 3-4 weeks and after a week more, they will be available for all. I will post up all the specs as soon as I can.

Then again, they told me 3-4 weeks two weeks ago so I just have to be patient too.
Old 12-24-2005, 01:57 AM
spyder7724
4th Gear Member

killer
are we talking n/a or s/c applications. even though i've got an auto i can get a little aggresive with cam specs due to TCI getting happy with my converter. i could put some duration to good use!!
Old 12-24-2005, 02:05 AM
chevykiller
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: spyder7724

killer
are we talking n/a or s/c applications. even though i've got an auto i can get a little aggresive with cam specs due to TCI getting happy with my converter. i could put some duration to good use!!
Mine are being made specifically for s/c application but one of the reaons it's taking so long is they are customizing mine from their n/a version. I'm pretty sure the first year they are only going to offer n/a applications and build s/c application by special order only. Makes sense business wise. Mine is the only s/c version and when I get it, 3 other cars are getting the n/a set-up for application test also. Like I said, you KNOW who this company is and once they're available, they know there going to be getting a lot of orders. After the BBR fiasco - no one is taking any chances.
Old 12-24-2005, 02:14 AM
spyder7724
4th Gear Member

sounds good keep me informed. hope they don't delete the VCT function that's too good to throw away for a few hp. i'm thinking about building a stroked 5.4 in the summer hence my need to lose as much weight on the front as i can now. that motor will definitely stay n/a but with a little more compression and some cams hopefully. maybe i'll throw the cams in the 4.6 just for the hell of it. just may be able to run 11's with it after all. n/a with an auto!
thanks!!! now i gotta go program a talking dora the explorer doll for my girl. what fun.

Quick Reply: Cam's