Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Mac vs Flowmasters w/Pypes O/R H-pipe

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2005, 03:22 PM
stang9325
2nd Gear Member

Default Mac vs Flowmasters w/Pypes O/R H-pipe

I have been contemplating exhaust for a while now and now that I actually have the extra cash to spend, I can't seem to pull the trigger on something. I have pretty much narrowed it down to the Mac and Flowmasters. Keep in mind I will be adding the H-pipe from brenspeed. For those of you that have this setup or have heard it, how does it sound (quality and loudness) and which would you recommend?
Old 12-28-2005, 06:54 PM
whackbag
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Mac vs Flowmasters w/Pypes O/R H-pipe

I just put the pypes hpipe from brenspeed on mine and it sounds awesome.... I still have the stock mufflers, but I am definately going for the flowmasters. I know alot of people on here complain about the drone, but I think the drone sounds awesome, it is what makes a mustang, I have had several mustangs and this sound is signature to them. When I hear the drone in the distance, I know it's a mustang... Just my opinion.

You have to be able to sustaing the loudness... Once you put the hpipe on it will be very loud, so if you are not ok with that, then quit now....
Old 12-29-2005, 12:10 AM
SpikeGT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: stang9325

I have been contemplating exhaust for a while now and now that I actually have the extra cash to spend, I can't seem to pull the trigger on something. I have pretty much narrowed it down to the Mac and Flowmasters. Keep in mind I will be adding the H-pipe from brenspeed. For those of you that have this setup or have heard it, how does it sound (quality and loudness) and which would you recommend?
You must not have seen this yet. Listen and you will like. https://mustangforums.com/m_827565/tm.htm
Old 12-29-2005, 03:03 AM
stang9325
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SpikeGT

ORIGINAL: stang9325

You must not have seen this yet. Listen and you will like. https://mustangforums.com/m_827565/tm.htm
I did see it and it is still available for my hearing pleasure on my desktop . I just wanted to hear from people who actually had them since it is hard to make a decision from just hearing through computer speakers. I think I am set on the Mac's. Maybe tomorrow I will stop procrastinating and go through with the purchase lol.
Old 12-29-2005, 11:42 AM
LesteR723
5th Gear Member

you know brenspeed has sound clips for both of those mufflers with their offroad h pipe...

http://www.brenspeed.com/info/soundfiles.html
Old 12-29-2005, 01:25 PM
stang9325
2nd Gear Member

Yes, I know. See post above. I have the clips saved on my pc to listen to but it is hard to make a decision on exhuast based on the sound coming out of speakers. That is why I asked how it sounded to people who have it or have heard it (in person).
Old 12-30-2005, 03:30 AM
stang9325
2nd Gear Member

I ended up ordering the Pypes H-pipe and Mac's from brenspeed today. The H-pipe will be here tomorrow (holy fast batman). Assuming another couple days for the Mac's. Doesn't really matter though since my car won't be here until the 16th of January. I have a pretty nice digital dvd video camera so I will post it (if someone tells me how) with a before and after comparison. I remember brent saying his sound clips were done with a digital camera (not dvd i'm guessing) so hopefully the sound quality will be a bit better for those that are curious.
Old 12-30-2005, 02:05 PM
sowaxeman
Retired Moderator

Congrats - I got my Pypes H from Brenspeed yesterday, just 2 days after ordering [sm=bounceybounce.gif] Happy New Year to me Can't wait to hear how it sounds with the Saleen mufflers.
Old 12-30-2005, 03:11 PM
kstob03

sowaxeman

just curious how your saleen exhaust sounds. can you point to a place that has some sound clips or do you have some yourself
Old 01-09-2006, 05:09 AM
MyGTRoush

Yeah i really wanna hear the saleen exhaust also does it sound good? which exhaust has the best sound you think Borla, flowmaster, roush, saleen, or Mac?

Quick Reply: Mac vs Flowmasters w/Pypes O/R H-pipe