Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Just ordered my new mustang!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2006, 10:52 PM
2006MustangGTNYC
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Just ordered my new mustang!!!

ORIGINAL: rotorr22
And yes, 2006MustangGTNYC, I can handle the power thank you!

Oh believe me, I never insinuated. I just translated your comments into that.

Anyway, thanks for the explanation.
Old 01-10-2006, 11:03 PM
slak05gt
2nd Gear Member

Congrats man, nice work on the car. I think you paid a good price for your car. The only way to save money on these cars is to buy one at Ford's X/Y/Z plan. I'm sure you could get your Ford sales man to teach you to drive a stick for free, they're making enough money off of you that they can spend a few min. to get you comfortable in the car. If not they shouldn't have sold it to you. This car won't kill you. I take mine 80-90 mph thru the twisty's around here no problem and have killed Volkswagen R32's on the strip and street. You'll be a non noob in no time.
Old 01-10-2006, 11:07 PM
2006MustangGTNYC
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: slak05gt

Congrats man, nice work on the car. I think you paid a good price for your car. The only way to save money on these cars is to buy one at Ford's X/Y/Z plan. I'm sure you could get your Ford sales man to teach you to drive a stick for free, they're making enough money off of you that they can spend a few min. to get you comfortable in the car. If not they shouldn't have sold it to you. This car won't kill you. I take mine 80-90 mph thru the twisty's around here no problem and have killed Volkswagen R32's on the strip and street. You'll be a non noob in no time.

Thanks a lot bro! I'm a quick learner. The manager of the auto dealer (a real nice guy - the Danny Glover type) was nice enough to offer me a lesson so I'm ok with that. However, I'm not a fan of free so I've booked myself a 2-hour lesson with Ferrari Auto School where I'll be learning to drive stick using a ****y Saturn but hey, it works for me. In case you wanna know how much it'll cost me.. only $99 and I think it's worth every bit.

I'll prolly have my second 2-hour lesson 1 week before delivery to refresh my memorry then I'll just take off from the parking lot surprising everyone! haha.. and I won't tell them about the lessons either. ... they'll wonder how quickly I picked it up.. hahah...
Old 01-10-2006, 11:16 PM
slak05gt
2nd Gear Member

Good Deal. I would want the Ferrari School to let me drive a real Ferarri though.
Old 01-10-2006, 11:48 PM
Daleys06BlackGT

You will love your new GT. I do mine and thats after driving Cobras for the past 6 years.
Ford truly did their homework on this car model 05, and now the 06, year.
Drive it easy and vary engine rpms the first 500 or 600 miles.
Driving stick always puts you in a more intimate relationship with your car.
You will pick it up easily I am sure.

Daley
06 GT
Auto
Dash
Old 01-10-2006, 11:50 PM
2006MustangGTNYC
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Daleys06BlackGT

You will love your new GT. I do mine and thats after driving Cobrs for the past 6 years.
Ford truly did their homework on this car model 05, and now the 06, year.
Drive it easy and vary engine rpms the first 500 or 600 miles.
Driving stick always puts you in a more intimate relationship with your car.
You will pick it up easily I am sure.

Daley
06 GT
Auto
Dash
Thanks... I'm two months away and I'm already doing my homework... looking at stang sites, aftermarket mods.. videos.. yada yada yada... haha..
Old 01-11-2006, 12:39 AM
dkano
3rd Gear Member

Welcome to the board and get ready for two very long months! I'm also in New York (Long Island) and ordered my 06 GT 12/10/06 and that's the same wait time they gave me, about 6-8 weeks, so I should be getting mine in a couple of weeks now. If it wasn't for this site, the sponsor sites (which I visit frequently to see their products so I can decide what to purchase first once I get my car), and a couple of other Mustang forums I would've gone crazy by now. I want to be driving my GT right now damn it!!!
I paid about $800-900 more than you for the auto, so you did get a good price.
Old 01-11-2006, 12:45 AM
2006MustangGTNYC
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: dkano

Welcome to the board and get ready for two very long months! I'm also in New York (Long Island) and ordered my 06 GT 12/10/06 and that's the same wait time they gave me, about 6-8 weeks, so I should be getting mine in a couple of weeks now. If it wasn't for this site, the sponsor sites (which I visit frequently to see their products so I can decide what to purchase first once I get my car), and a couple of other Mustang forums I would've gone crazy by now. I want to be driving my GT right now damn it!!!
I paid about $800-900 more than you for the auto, so you did get a good price.

Sorry you had to pay more. I'm just stubburn, the dealer manager actually wanted 2000+ on top of the sticker price and I threatened to walk. He then calmed me down and told me he will give it to me at the sticker price.... I told him that now you got me mad and now I want it lower then sticker... so then the negotiation started... from $1 all the way to 800+ I removed from the sticker. haha...

Hey bro.. I'm looking to start up a little NY Mustang scene. Hit me up if you wanna cruise around with our new stangs... willshaker @ nyc.rr.com (without spaces)
Old 01-11-2006, 01:15 AM
dkano
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2006MustangGTNYC
Hey bro.. I'm looking to start up a little NY Mustang scene. Hit me up if you wanna cruise around with our new stangs... willshaker @ nyc.rr.com (without spaces)
Definitely, you can count me in for Mustang meets, ride around the city, the island, jersey or whatever! There are some other guys from the area here too.
https://mustangforums.com/m_845596/tm.htm
Old 01-11-2006, 08:40 AM
Bdog604

Dont be embarissed i did the same thing. Everyone said that if you had a car like that you got to have a stick so i got one and its not hard to learn. i had to learn the hard way spinning tire at ever stopsight and pulling out of the dealer, they thought i was nuts. Its not hard at all you will learn in no time. i got mine in the begining of november of 2004 and it took me till the end to be able to drive like a pro.

Quick Reply: Just ordered my new mustang!!!