Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Picking up GT on Saturday!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2006, 04:50 AM
dkano
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Picking up GT on Saturday!!!

Who's eligible for xplan pricing? I don't really understand how it works, I used to think it was an employee pricing or family members thing!
Old 01-14-2006, 12:43 PM
gkosin
2nd Gear Member

The guy I got my pin number from says each Ford employee gets 8 pin numbers a year and that resets each calendar year. Four are A plan which are for the employee and their immediate family and a larger discount. The other 4 are X plan which can be given to anyone. I called this guy and he was very cool about it. It was very noisy in the back ground because he was in a machine shop on the job at Ford. He told me he had given out 8 numbers in the last few days and that he had run out but he just goes to the other people in the shop that don't use theirs and gets it done. He was just happy I was buying a Ford! He works on the Super Duty trucks but said he wouldn't hold it against me if I didn't buy a truck and he laughed. I felt bad for calling him at work be he didn't seam to care at all so I offered him a bottle of wine or something for his trouble and he politely declined saying Ford frowns on that big time. We will see in the next few hours if there are any problems but I don't anticipate that when my new Blue baby is in my garage!
Greg
Old 01-14-2006, 06:27 PM
one_focused_svt
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: dkano

you lucky bastard! I still have about a month left to wait! Enjoy it!
As for the radar detector, like M said, the Valentine One is probably the best option we have right now, that's what I'll probably end up getting. Just need to find a good place to mount it (hidden).
+1 yup another month for me to....damn sigh gonna be a long *** four weeks lol oh and as far as the pricing goes I got mine for $30,500 with every option possible, shaker 1000, 18" bullit wheels, remote start, I mean everything! I was hapy with that price does it sound fair to you guys?
Old 01-14-2006, 11:19 PM
dkano
3rd Gear Member

that price is not too bad considering that you got 18" bullits, shaker 1000 and a bunch of other options. I think MSRP for that car is probably over $31K so you still got below MSRP. Did they tell you when yours is going to be built? We might end up getting out GTs in the same week!
Old 01-15-2006, 12:09 AM
one_focused_svt
3rd Gear Member

yeah it should be done and deliv. around feb. 19th! i guess "should" is the operative word huh lol
Old 01-15-2006, 02:08 AM
mash2k
2nd Gear Member

I agree! Valentine 1 is the best. Now add a laser scrambler and you are set!

ORIGINAL: M

ORIGINAL: gkosin

I'm so stoked!! Now I'm looking for recomendations for a new radar detector to try to keep the points off the record. Anyone out there using one and what are your opinions on which is the best.
Thanks
congrats you are gonna love it!!!!

valentine one baby, expensive but excellent at finding the fuzz. still be careful, instant on radar sux no matter how good your radar detector is.

we need a radar detector that detects the polyester in cops uniforms, like the one in canonball run 2 i think
Old 01-15-2006, 02:23 AM
gkosin
2nd Gear Member

Here is a shot of my new baby that arrived today. Shes only a few hours old. Took the wife out to dinner tonight and she loved it! What a blast to drive.
Greg

[IMG]local://upfiles/26885/63E57DE0DBFB4FC9861366E37CC6D5EB.jpg[/IMG]
Old 01-15-2006, 02:36 AM
ford4v429
3rd Gear Member

Congrats!

I like the color
Old 01-15-2006, 04:29 AM
dkano
3rd Gear Member

That does look pretty good! I've always liked blue, my car now is dark blue, went with Performance White on the Mustang though.
Enjoy it man! [sm=smiley20.gif]
Old 01-15-2006, 10:39 AM
one_focused_svt
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: gkosin

Here is a shot of my new baby that arrived today. Shes only a few hours old. Took the wife out to dinner tonight and she loved it! What a blast to drive.
Greg

[IMG]local://upfiles/26885/63E57DE0DBFB4FC9861366E37CC6D5EB.jpg[/IMG]
hey I got the bullitts as well, question tho (since mine hasn't come in yet) how wide are they 9 inches?

Quick Reply: Picking up GT on Saturday!!!