Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Demolet CAI questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2006, 08:03 PM
Old Ford Lover
1st Gear Member

Default Demolet CAI questions

I got the DeMolet Tunable CAI and it's installed. According to Demolet, the 95mm inlet requires that it have a tune or the leaner mix will damage the engine. How much truth is there to this? Others say the same thing but I think most have the 82mm (?) inlet How "immediate" is it? Can I leave it on for the few days it'll take to get a tuner? Does it matter which tuner I use. And just how is this thing "tunable" anyway? So many questions. See I have a 68 Cougar that's my toy, and I don't have any of this stuff...
Thanks in advance
Old 01-24-2006, 08:44 PM
M
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Demolet CAI questions

i wouldnt run it...just get a tuner from John...he has tunes written by SCT specifically for his intake and they rock!

where'd you get your intake from? if you got it direct from John i cant believe he didnt sell you a tuner as well, you definitely need to get a tune.
Old 01-24-2006, 08:48 PM
Old Ford Lover
1st Gear Member

I didn't get it directly from Demolet, Got it on the net from Pro 3. It was mailed directly from John, tho. I'll call him for my tuner
Old 01-24-2006, 10:53 PM
Rider
1st Gear Member

It will run lean w/o the tune. I had concerns too about tuning a computerized car coming from a 60's car background but now that I see it I think it is alot easier to tune than the Cougar. Just pick the settings in the tuner and there you go (well almost that easy). Even if you have a speed shop tune it for you, you will still need to get a tune flasher. If you get the SCT from John it will be set for your induction.

Post a picture of your Cougar
Old 01-24-2006, 11:32 PM
ren274u
3rd Gear Member

get a tuner asap
Old 01-24-2006, 11:49 PM
Old Ford Lover
1st Gear Member

I ran it about 3 miles and the check engine light came on. Came back and put the original back on but the check engine stayed on. Will order the tuner tomorrow. Looks like I'm pretty well tied in to getting it from Demolet (not necessarily a bad thing) which ties me to the SCT, n'est pas? If I get the predator, I have to get a custom program because of the 95mm MAF inlet.

I tried to upload Cougar and mustang pics, but I guess there's a trick to it. Says the file's too large (50K)
Old 01-25-2006, 12:18 PM
757GT
I ♥ Acer

Yeah, definitely get tuned. I have that intake and mine went into failsafe until I got it tuned.
Old 01-26-2006, 02:49 AM
Mr. Meany
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Old Ford Lover
Looks like I'm pretty well tied in to getting it from Demolet (not necessarily a bad thing) which ties me to the SCT, n'est pas?
Oui, vous devez employer le SCT avec un Demolet installé
Old 01-26-2006, 08:39 PM
Old Ford Lover
1st Gear Member

Merci. That's what John said, (only he said it in English). I called him and he was quite helpful and will get the tuner to me next week. From what I've seen, he's much more helpful than a lot of the dealers I've worked with. I'll keep the results posted.
Old 01-27-2006, 04:34 AM
Mr. Meany
1st Gear Member

I've gotta give John a big thumbs up as well....he's right there with answers and support....and his product rocks too.

Quick Reply: Demolet CAI questions