Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Daily Driver?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2006, 09:45 PM
brchan
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Daily Driver?

Yes, the gas is the biggest problem for me too. I commute about 70-80 miles round trip per day with her. The next biggest problem is that I have to wash her more often! The 'stang is surprisingly a good commuting car. The suspension is forgiving enough and the cabin is pretty well insulated that I don't get a droning or any other type of irritating noise. The seat is comfortable for long hauls, although positioning the seat to my liking was more difficult than other cars I've owned.

Brchan
Old 01-26-2006, 10:58 PM
wadman
2nd Gear Member

I have had my gt for 13months and it has only 5000 miles on it. I would hate to have to drive it everyday . I do love the car for my "toy" but i wouldnt trade my f250 for 10 mustangs. Im 6'0 tall and 175lbs and it is on the verge of being to small for me. To be in a good driving position i have to put the seat up to where my shin hits the dash. But for fun it is great and is really cheap to hot rod.
'
Old 01-26-2006, 11:40 PM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

Are you oddly proportioned?

Im 6' and my seats all the way back
Old 01-27-2006, 12:50 AM
PonyPilot

Hmm...I traded just one 2002 loaded crew cab F350 for my '06 Mustang GT...have no plans to drive a truck again

Mine handles fantastic in the rain...living in the Portland area I get to prove that just about everyday during the winter...it's like three months straight this year so far. We did get some snow and "black ice" a couple days and I scared the hell out of myself...easy on the throttle! And yes the TCS is great for rain and gave me a tad more confidence on the ice than if I didn't have anything. It was funny watching old beat up cars zooming past me on the snow and ice...that should be the only chance they get to pass my car [sm=gears.gif]
Old 01-27-2006, 01:01 AM
slak05gt
2nd Gear Member

I drive mine everyday. It does fine in the rain, and we haven't had any winter precipitation yet although I wouldn't drive it in the snow because I have a trash truck I would use instead. I average around 20 mpg with my 05 GT and look better than 99% of the rest of the cars on the road. Its not a Ferrari, as cool of a car as it is, it is just a Mustang, a great driver's car.
Old 01-27-2006, 01:06 AM
wadman
2nd Gear Member

I must be oddly proportioned. How bout you? Did you pick out your car? Looks like its missing something. Is it the entry level edition? Dont take that the wrong way, i just cant figure out what it is that doesnt look right about that car.
Old 01-27-2006, 01:14 AM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

umkay....
Old 01-27-2006, 03:16 AM
Bretstang06
1st Gear Member

My GT is my daily driver and I'm glad that it is. I enjoy getting the comments and thumbs up about what a cool looking car it is. The great thing about the car is it can be driven both very spirited and very tame. I had to cruise on the freeway this morning on the way to playing golf, it cruises perfectly at 65, quiet and docile. On the way back from golf with a lot less traffic it was time to put the hammer down and run her through the gears onto the freeway and then moving in and out of traffic. I couldn't be happier with the car it is awesome. The best part today was seeing another black GT on the way home just like mine, we gave each other the thumbs up. These are cool cars..

[IMG]local://upfiles/26228/9AEADB8CF6604147A5CB689C4893F366.jpg[/IMG]
Old 01-27-2006, 09:59 PM
68to05stang

I drive mine daily. The gas isn't too bad as long as you take it easy for the most part. It can suck it up pretty quick if you keep the pedal down. My Mark VIII used to get about 22MPG where my mustang now gets about 19.5MPG unde the same conditions and distances. I think with a tune I might be able to get a little better milage but not much.

I'm 6'2", 225lbs and I have no problem with the stang. In fact, I have always had a two door car because of my size. Looked at a Lincoln LS but couldn't stand the small door opening and tight front seat. Granted, it's no truck, but it is nearly the same as my 68 stang, 70 stang, 84 stang, 90 stang, and 95 Mark VIII. The 70 being the roomiest. I bet you are just used to the truck. After driving two doors for a while, I love just hanging on truck's steering wheel and give the back a stretch in a different direction.

Mike
Old 01-28-2006, 12:30 AM
BrookShadow_RC
2nd Gear Member

Mine is daily driver as well. Considering I traded in my 91 Nissan Sentra w/ no A/C (I'm in Houston by the way), my GT is 150% way better. I used to drive it 25 miles each way to work and in all weather. It is great! Only broke loose on wet streets after not raining here for a while. But it was easily controllable.

The only thing I miss about the Sentra, the 37 mpg.

Quick Reply: Daily Driver?