Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Daily Driver?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2006, 02:43 PM
stangintheblue
1st Gear Member

Default Daily Driver?

Most likely a dumb question but how does the GT do as a daily driver? Does anyone even use theirs as a daily driver [&:] I know it is fun and pretty easy to drive on dry days but what about in the rain, does it get away from you easy? I drove one on dry pavement and it was fun, got sideways a few times but i was expecting it. Just wondering if it would be a scary task driving to work or something in the rain. Dare i even ask about snow. My friend drives his '03 GT in the snow and my other friend drives her WS6 in it too but they could just be stupid haha Anywho just curious
Old 01-26-2006, 03:29 PM
crewwolfy
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Daily Driver?

My stang is my daily driver. The worst part is the cost of filling up the tank. If you respect the fact that it's a rwd beast, you'll be fine. I was all over the place during a blizzard we had here, but less than the jetta driving next to me. Just be smart and take it down a few notches on the bad days.
Old 01-26-2006, 04:08 PM
757GT
I ♥ Acer

Mine is my daily driver and it is fine. As long as you know what it is capable of in the rain and the snow you will be fine. Just be careful when you drive in those kinds of conditions.
Old 01-26-2006, 04:10 PM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: crewwolfy

My stang is my daily driver. The worst part is the cost of filling up the tank. If you respect the fact that it's a rwd beast, you'll be fine. I was all over the place during a blizzard we had here, but less than the jetta driving next to me. Just be smart and take it down a few notches on the bad days.
pretty much what he said.

Old 01-26-2006, 04:55 PM
ratzila
2nd Gear Member

My mustang is a daily driver. We don't have to worry about snow down here on the Gulf coast. I bought the car on July1,2005 and now it has 19,000 miles[sm=gears.gif]
The only problems I have had is 2 wrecks. One was my fault and the latest was an uninsured driver no tag car rearended me. I was running 65mph and the guy in a buick tried to run me over. I got to drive my car home and his pos was towed. Now I got to wait until Feb 20 for the body shop to fix the damage[:@]
Old 01-26-2006, 05:38 PM
pcdrj
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: crewwolfy

Yup...lots of rwd cars out there. Good tires + carefull = no problem.
Old 01-26-2006, 07:38 PM
Mr. Meany
1st Gear Member

with TCS, it's a world of difference compared to older cars
Old 01-26-2006, 07:41 PM
SonicStanGirl
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Mr. Meany

with TCS, it's a world of difference compared to older cars

That is the truth! I love the TCS on my Stang. I really felt the difference when driving around during rain in So. Cal. The freeway gets slicker than snot since it hardly ever rains and the pavement is oily. Felt very very stable in the rain....pretty stable in gusty wind too but then I slowed down a bit so the morons who were trying to drive 90 in the wind wouldn't collide into my baby! LOL!
Old 01-26-2006, 08:42 PM
Old Ford Lover
1st Gear Member

Ditto.
My perception is that most of us on here don't have the kind of bucks to have these as a Garage Queen, and even if we did, we got 'em 'cause they're fun to drive. I fill up the tank about every 4-5 days, but that's life.
Old 01-26-2006, 09:41 PM
BlackB-U-TEE_06
2nd Gear Member

mine also is my daily driver - i drive 70 miles a day total. living in southern california, snow isn't an issue, and rain is seldom...but i can say with confidence that it handles like a charm in the rain, as well as in every day dry conditions (as well as on long stretches, which are fun if there are no cops around). a little common sense while driving and you'll be fine. pretty much what everyone else has said.

Quick Reply: Daily Driver?