Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Need some Advice

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2006, 03:39 PM
woodywoody
2nd Gear Member

Default Need some Advice

Hey guys, i am new to the forums so i hope everybody is doing well.

Anywho, i am to get a 2006 Gt Conv here today. I am going to have around 10k for upgrades if not a little more and i was thinking abot a Vortech Supercharger H.O. and at least a mac pro chamber mid-pipes w/ american thunder axle-back or something with a deep tone.

I was wondering if there was anything else i need to get if i get a supercharger. Example, do i need a higher output fuel pump or drivetrain, etc. Or will the stock setup be just fine with the supercharger at around 8-10 PSI. Also, any other ideas for upgrades would be nice. I am guessing i will have another 3k or so to spend after i get the Supercharger and exhaust + install cost.

-W
Old 02-02-2006, 04:05 PM
dragonfans04GT
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Need some Advice

Since the 06 GT Convertibles have an MSRP of about 31-32K and you have 10K to spend on top of that, can you wait a little while and spend the 40+ grand on a new GT500 when it comes out? They claim it'll be around 40K, and it comes with the supercharger. I guess if the deal is already done, then that's not an option. As for adding the SC, people change the injectors and fuel pump on the 99+, so I'm sure that you'll need to do the same on the 06.
Old 02-02-2006, 05:29 PM
crewwolfy
2nd Gear Member

^^ +1

If you get the GT and a S/C, don't forget about the brakes.
Old 02-02-2006, 05:45 PM
DAVE05GT
2nd Gear Member

If you have that much to spend, look into the Saleen, it's more efficient as a twin screw, looks better, can still make big hp, makes more torque down low etc. The stock fuel system will be good for 400 hp or more but many are switching to a 90mm MAF, 39lb injectors, BAP and SC pulleys to make the big power.
Old 02-02-2006, 08:19 PM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

Wish I had your problems. I would no doubt get a supercharger, x-pipe,mac axlebacks, Long tube headers and some bigger brakes.
ORIGINAL: woodywoody

Hey guys, i am new to the forums so i hope everybody is doing well.

Anywho, i am to get a 2006 Gt Conv here today. I am going to have around 10k for upgrades if not a little more and i was thinking abot a Vortech Supercharger H.O. and at least a mac pro chamber mid-pipes w/ american thunder axle-back or something with a deep tone.

I was wondering if there was anything else i need to get if i get a supercharger. Example, do i need a higher output fuel pump or drivetrain, etc. Or will the stock setup be just fine with the supercharger at around 8-10 PSI. Also, any other ideas for upgrades would be nice. I am guessing i will have another 3k or so to spend after i get the Supercharger and exhaust + install cost.

-W
Old 02-02-2006, 09:05 PM
woodywoody
2nd Gear Member

Ok so i got the mustang today... Dark Silver Convertable, black inside, black top... Cost 29.141 so not to bad. Anywho, i am not sure if i will put on a supercharger becasue i dont want to void that part of the warranty but i am going to getting some exhaust most def. I have on my 00 gt MRT hpipe and SLP loudmouth. I like the sound but i do still love that classic flowmaster rumble. I was looking at the MAC prochamber catted midpipes and the flowmaster axle-back... i am a litle confused though. As bet i cant tell, there are three stages to the pipes. The mufflers (axle-back), the pipes tat go over the susspention, then the midpipe, then the headers. At least by the pictures of the midpipes, it doesnot look like they connect overthe rear ad to the axel-back. Am i wrong? I am still up in the air on what exhaust i want since i cant find any clips (not that i have looked really hard). I love that flowmaster tone so should i just go with that? And the MAC prochamber?
Old 02-02-2006, 11:33 PM
RICVA05
3rd Gear Member

Man if you have 10K for Mods you can't go worrying about your warranty.
Old 02-02-2006, 11:46 PM
slak05gt
2nd Gear Member

Is someone just blowing smoke? Charge it up, it won't break if the job is done right.
Old 02-03-2006, 12:33 AM
AWIZRD

I saw your concern of warranty...I'm also looking at an SC...Here's the reply I got from Saleen

QUOTE:

Supercharger 5699.99

Hid’s 899.99

Both work with factory parts, no modifications needed.

Your warranty will be 1yr/12 miles which ever occurs first. As an aftermarket install your warranty will be voided. We have sold this units for two years now and have not had any cases of failures.

ENDQUOTE

Of course I'm sure he meant 1yr/12000 miles...Just wanted the info to be an exact quote

Old 02-03-2006, 03:14 AM
woodywoody
2nd Gear Member

Well, i got it! woot! Dark Silver, Black Leahter, Black Top... I had so many problems with my top before that i got the 5 year 75,000 mile warranty so i am not sure what i want to do about the superchrger but i do want to buy my exhuast tomorrow. Any advice?

Quick Reply: Need some Advice