Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

DECISIONS! DECISIONS!

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2006, 12:38 AM
INTERCEPTOR498
1st Gear Member

Default DECISIONS! DECISIONS!

Here is my dilemma. I'm trying to decide on a hood scoop when my 06 GT comes in. I pretty much have it narrowed down to the GTR Ram air hood or the CDC shaker system. I also want to do vinyl stripes. (don't want to deal with paint issues). The problem is i don't think i can do vinyl stripes over the GTR ram air scoop (unless someone has done it and can post pics). So i was thinking going with the CDC shaker because i don't have to get anything painted, and i can do vinyl stripes first and then cut the opening for shaker. The only problem with that is i was thinking of doing a positive displacement supercharger in the future which would mean i would have to get a new hood and so on.... Any thoughts, comments, or sarcastic answers would be appreciated! HA! HA! Thanks!
Old 02-20-2006, 04:00 AM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

Default RE: DECISIONS! DECISIONS!

Definitely hold off on the shaker hood till you decide for SURE whether you are gonna do a supercharger or not. You can do a custom retro fit of the shaker to some kinds of superchargers, but not all. And if you do it will probably require some custom fit pieces.
You also have to remember that once you go shaker, there's no going back unless you wanna buy a new hood........cuz your's will have a pretty big hole in it once installed. I haven't seen any ram-air to supercharger setups on the new mustangs yet (other than the one pictured on the CDC site http://www.classicdesignconcepts.com...splay/634.html). So just do your homework on this one before you go ahead. Personally, I think go either ram-air and stay NA on the engine, or go supercharger and forget the induction hood systems. I don't think that marrying them will net you that much more power, if any at all.