Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

WoooooHoooooo

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2006, 11:06 PM
06 Black Beauty
2nd Gear Member

Default WoooooHoooooo

Ok, so I put my new parts on today.... Mac axle backs and hurst Shifter... LOVE THEM BOTH...
only 2 complaints though. The muffler clamps that come with the Mac's = SUCK !!!!! the one snapped and I ended up hitting myself in the eye. Only pride on that one. I had to take the stock clamps off and use them. I can't seem to get the driver side one centered but I'll work on that one later. Problem solved and they sound great.

On too the second issue. Beware when tightening bolts on the installed of the Hurst !! The clamp that holds it in the back uses two nuts to hold it up. Everything was going great until as I was tightening them up and one bolt SHEARED OFF !!! Major problem now. After about 10 minutes of thinking it over we decided to drill through and put in a new bolt. Center console had to come out. The head of those bolts are between the sheet metal. So I had to drill all the way through and put a flat washer and a bolt through to the top half. So I can now say that my Stang is truley modified. You will never know that it is there, unless you took it all apart. I'm sure it is just as strong if not stronger than before.

Gotta say good things about Brenspeed too. Very friendly and very fast in getting my stuff shipped.
Old 02-21-2006, 01:08 AM
stang9325
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: WoooooHoooooo

Love my Mac's too...especially combined with the Pypes H pipe.
Old 02-21-2006, 10:45 AM
06 Black Beauty
2nd Gear Member

after putting the Pypes H pipe on did it get rid of the drone? Its not bad unless I'm in 5th and at 1600 - 2000 rpm. Of course I'm feeling a little under the weather right now and my ears have been popping. So it might not be as bad as it really is. Also, did you have any problems getting your's center??
Old 02-21-2006, 10:49 PM
mauiboy
2nd Gear Member

Congrats on the new stuff. I also have the Mac's, but there pretty brutal in 5th between 60 & 70mph.
I took mine over to a local muffler shop where they straighten them out and tack welded them at the same height. They looked like s**t after I was done, even with the stock hook locations.
I love my Hurst too and I never miss 3rd with that set-up.

Mauiboy

[IMG]local://upfiles/16389/77B92423E507461AB0EB3CBC70CAD35D.jpg[/IMG]
Old 02-22-2006, 02:10 AM
stang9325
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 06 Black Beauty

after putting the Pypes H pipe on did it get rid of the drone? Its not bad unless I'm in 5th and at 1600 - 2000 rpm. Of course I'm feeling a little under the weather right now and my ears have been popping. So it might not be as bad as it really is. Also, did you have any problems getting your's center??
I can't exactly tell you a before and after because I put them both on at the same time. However, I think I know the noise you are talking about. The only time it sounds like crap inside the car is in 5th at like 40mph. It's hard to explain but it's not really drone to my ears, just a weird low resonance sound that to me is different than droning I've heard in other cars.

Yeah, mine are still not 100% center. The clamps provided do suck bad. I was told to put the stocker clamps back on (which seem to be bigger anyways). As far as centering, it seems like you almost have to bend the rear-most hanger up (to lower the pipe) and the side one out (to bring the pipe towards the center of the car). This is of course based on mine which appear to be a little to high and point to the outside of the vehicle slightly. I figure that on the next warm weekend I will take them off and try it. Let me know if you come up with an easy solution.
Old 02-22-2006, 09:26 PM
06 Black Beauty
2nd Gear Member

I hear you about the 5th gear.. Its the same in my car too, like a low resonance but as soon as it hits 2 grand on the tack it seems to go away. The other gears are fine. I read somewhere in here that if you add an Xpipe or Hpipe that all of this go's away. I plan on doing this when I have some more money saved up. i took the same approach as you meaning when it gets warmer out I will try to fix it. I think just bending the hanger a little bit should help. mine points a little to the outside of the car. Its only on the driver side though. My buddy as an 06 mustang and he had the same problem on the same side with his Flowmasters. Made me feel a little bit better but still after paying 300 or so dollars you would think they would be perfect. I'll let you know if that works or not.
thanks
Old 02-22-2006, 09:31 PM
06 Black Beauty
2nd Gear Member

I plan on double checking my slight modification on my hurst this weekend to make sure it is still tight. I'm gonna buy a better bolt and replace the one I used. The one that is in there now was just to fix it to drive. Still mad that the bolt sheared off like that. As far as the Hurst goes it is AWESOME !!!! A little tight going into 5th and down shifting to 4th but other than that it is great. I read on here that the shifts loosen up some after a 1,000 miles or so.

thanks for your input btw
Old 02-22-2006, 11:29 PM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

Yeah, my drivers side flowmaster required a little more work to get it centered. Not a big deal, I just loosened up the clamp on the H pipe and adjusted with that extra slack, came out great.

Enjoy your mods! its fun isnt it! I installed Under drive pulllies today!