Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

how do 05 stang GT's compare to evos/stis?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2006, 10:34 PM
undefeated
4th Gear Member

Default RE: how do 05 stang GT's compare to evos/stis?

ORIGINAL: Menace

A buddy of mine is planning on getting an STi this spring, and keeps raggin' on me about how much faster it is to the Mustang. Though he's just now 'learning' how to drive manual on his buddy's car. He knows for a fact that I'll probably still beat him, but yeah. I have never driven an AWD car, so I guess that would be pretty interesting. I've got nothing against the car, aside from the fact that it's pretty ****ing ugly... lol. Though yeah, they aren't that much faster then the Mustang... and they go for a couple grand more. A few bolt ons and you'll be right there with them.
Well, once we start boosting the 4.6 or 5.0s, then things change pretty quick.[sm=gears.gif] Imagine the STI or Evo with no turbo. Then race a mustang. It's about boost and traction.
Old 02-24-2006, 10:35 PM
undefeated
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: undefeated

ORIGINAL: Menace

A buddy of mine is planning on getting an STi this spring, and keeps raggin' on me about how much faster it is to the Mustang. Though he's just now 'learning' how to drive manual on his buddy's car. He knows for a fact that I'll probably still beat him, but yeah. I have never driven an AWD car, so I guess that would be pretty interesting. I've got nothing against the car, aside from the fact that it's pretty ****ing ugly... lol. Though yeah, they aren't that much faster then the Mustang... and they go for a couple grand more. A few bolt ons and you'll be right there with them.
Well, once we start boosting the 4.6 or 5.0s, then things change pretty quick.[sm=gears.gif] Imagine the STI or Evo with no turbo. Then race a mustang. It's about boost and traction. Once the Buick GNX resurfaces, we'll see what the STI/Evo community has to say
Old 02-24-2006, 10:37 PM
Menace
5th Gear Member

I have no clue what I want to do. I haven't modded my GT too much because I don't want to be spending all this money on it, and then later down the road want to do an Engine swap. Initially I was going to buy a V6 and eventually throw a 460 in there. lol. Though I might just wait until the warranty is over with and blueprint it, supercharge it, and so on.