Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Supercharger Deal??

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2006, 11:03 PM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Supercharger Deal??

05HotRod,
Ok, my turn.........

Keep us posted......

Mike

Old 03-01-2006, 11:48 PM
nrempel

425... thats a dream,
does this installation toast your warrenty though?
Old 03-02-2006, 12:38 AM
bkranz34
1st Gear Member

Damn I wish I lived in OC....3,000 miles for me = no SC....
Old 03-03-2006, 03:37 PM
DanDaMan
1st Gear Member

Yep, it's legit. I just spoke to Ned. He said they've done 3 so far and he mentioned that they just had one in that had a Rousch--that must be you, 05HOTROD. How did it go (assuming Ned is thinking of you)? Have you had it dyno'd by chance? [sm=feedback.gif]

Anyway, since I'm a local Ned even said they can put me in a car while mine is being done.[sm=icon_ladiesman.gif]

I had a few questions for him which he got right back to me on. Namely the amount of miles I have on my car--just under 28k, and that it's leased, has an auto tranny...stuff like that. As to the warranty, normally the warranty for the SC, and apparently any bad problems that might be caused by it, are covered by Saleen's 3yr/36k mile warranty; however, this goes for new cars only[sm=smiley24.gif]

Mine, with what I have on it, will only be covered by Saleen for 12 months/12k miles[sm=smiley6.gif]

Ned mentioned that their guys went over to Irvine (Saleen HQ) and received training for the installs but they still send them the PCM to be reflashed. Turnaround is on the order of 24 hrs--drop-off to pick-up!![sm=groupwave.gif]

I've read threads here and there about the A/F ratio's on the Saleen flash being dangerously low and worsening in the higher RPM's. I mentioned to Ned my concern about proper A/F ratio and considering they don't have a dyno there at Sunset he referred me to a local speed shop in Huntington Beach that they work with. I forgot to mention to Ned that more than a few guys have shown the need for bigger injectors esp. at the higher RPM's (I think it was 39# and the '01 Cobra comes to mind). I can't find the thread right now but if I do, I'll post it.

If I do this I'll likely have it checked for proper A/F ratios throughout the RPM range just in case (plus I'll have the dyno numbers to show everyone).

Old 03-03-2006, 05:18 PM
mperez

I'm very interested, so let us know how it all goes.
Old 03-03-2006, 05:33 PM
05HOTROD
2nd Gear Member

yup, that is my roush that is there. they put me in a v6 mustang rental (free). they just called me, their having a problem with the airbag light that is staying on.[:@] they have to call saleen to figure out why this light is on. they ran some test with their equipment and can't pinpoint it. other then that, the install is complete. I will update later on.
Old 03-04-2006, 02:34 AM
DanDaMan
1st Gear Member

UPDATE:

Turnaround is NOT going to be 24 hours. They're getting too much response and the cars are (just) starting to back up. One is slated for Monday, mine follows that one, and 4 or 5 people made inquiry's today alone. My guy, Ned, said there is someone coming from Arizona, etc. etc.

Ned's even got a SC stang himself!
Old 03-04-2006, 06:38 PM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

Damn,
I should talk to Sunset about a commission on this deal!!

Mike
Old 03-13-2006, 10:58 PM
DanDaMan
1st Gear Member

Well, I got it Friday and it went back Saturday with a check engine light. Today Saleen re-flashed the PCM. The code was something about an "idler error" which service said my car doesn't have an idler--go figure. He added that if the error returns they'll likely replace the throttle body . . .

Okay.

I hope to have it tomorrow. I suspect all will be well.

Incidentally, the brief time I did have it . . . it was strong.[sm=signs007.gif]
Old 03-14-2006, 03:05 PM
pinoy
1st Gear Member

Yea i got the same ad in the mail too. In fact i work next door lol. Showcase Chevrolet. It is a funny sight when a Ford Mustang GT goes into a Chevy dealership! But i have problems with sunset ford. i dont like their service. They always give me an eye once i go in there. Just becuase im 20 and i OWN a Mustang Gt doesnt mean im spoiled. Hell i paid for it myself. So ever since then i dont like sunset ford. Even though i did by the car from them. Just service sucks from them. Well anyways since you guys are there... Did you guys see all the saleens there??? Theres a whole bunch of them!!! Im not sure but i think they have the Ford GT there also. Always a sight to see!!!!

Quick Reply: Supercharger Deal??