Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Painted Calipers today

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2006, 02:12 PM
PonyPilot

Default RE: Painted Calipers today

There are a lot of things that people are doing to their cars that kind of seem like "rice" to me...however painted calipers isn't one of them. I think it's an attractive accent and actually improves the look of your wheels as a contrasting color against the grey/silver of the stock brakes and calipers.

I was in a showroom the other day with some really nice American cars. An '02 Z06 'Vette that caught my eye had red calipers and thin spoke chrome wheels...looked really good. I certainly wasn't thinking rice while ogling that machine...[sm=drooldude.gif]

As most things when it comes to your car, it's subjective.
Old 02-27-2006, 04:48 PM
one_focused_svt
3rd Gear Member

I've decided to go with black calipers, I'll post pics soon!
Old 02-27-2006, 05:20 PM
drbobvs
5th Gear Member

I have redfire, and I painted the calipers red last summer. Gave them 4 coats with the duplicolor kit and they looked just fine.
My car has been covered for the winter but I've noticed that the paint on the calipers has started to chip. Anyone else have this happen. The calipers were clean when i did it. It's really bugging me. I think I'll have to do it again but now I feel like I should try to get all the paint off and prime the calipers first. WHAT A PITA that's going to be!
Old 02-27-2006, 07:41 PM
Rezalien
2nd Gear Member

Just my thoughts but I'm expecting to have to touch up the caliper paint from time to time...with as much heat as those things are taking (don't care what the paint's rated for) and as "in the line of fire" as the calipers and wheels are, they're bound to chip/fade and who knows what else.

drbobvs, but if your car's been covered for the winter...hhhmmm, that's a strange one
Old 02-28-2006, 10:22 PM
SVT99LEGEND
1st Gear Member

That looks great, I'm just curious as to why no one tries to paint the calipers the same blue as the car? Almost everyone paints them red no matter the color of there car?
Old 02-28-2006, 10:40 PM
96FLMustang
1st Gear Member

Looks great! My car is white. Should I paint my calipers white? What other colors would look nice with a white car?

Old 03-01-2006, 02:03 AM
gkosin
2nd Gear Member

I thought about Blue but I thought it would be too much Blue and I felt a contrast color would look better. I like the way it came out. I have received many comments on how good it looks. I haven't taken any pictures out in the day light only in the garage the night I finished up. I will try to get better pics soon.
Greg
Old 03-01-2006, 11:43 AM
Pennstate57
1st Gear Member

I have a black GT and I painted mine red, and they look really good. For white, I think red would look good as well. but I havent really seen a picture of that so I wouldnt really know.
Old 03-01-2006, 09:50 PM
topless05GT
1st Gear Member

Being a fan of old gold and black, I went a slightly different direction with the color...

[IMG]local://upfiles/20839/47179370A66445C48C33F68F299C72DB.jpg[/IMG]
Old 03-01-2006, 10:50 PM
05ROUSHER
2nd Gear Member

I've painted mine last April with Red Line's kit. The stuff comes from Germany and is designed for the calipers heat. My paint is still on and is just as bright as the day I put it on. Here is the link.

http://www.redlinetuning.com/FT-LACQUER.html

Quick Reply: Painted Calipers today