Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

buying in WA

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2006, 06:46 PM
gregariousgreg
2nd Gear Member

Default buying in WA

Hi, I'm a newb.

Any of you new GT owners from Washington? I'm looking to get a new mustang GT in about 8 months and I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good dealership to buy from. Are there any dealerships I should avoid like the plauge?

Are there any that aren't as picky about putting aftermarket parts on with regards to voiding the warranty?

So far all I've done is test drive one at Harris Ford in Lynnwood, WA. I loved it.

Any general tips on buying one? The one I drove was marked up 8 grand from msrp, is it usually fairly easy to talk them down?
Old 02-26-2006, 07:13 PM
GTRacing
1st Gear Member

Default RE: buying in WA

I don't know anything about dealerships in WA but I am amazed that they are selling over sticker. You should order one over the internet and take delivery in Conroe, Texas (30 miles north of Houston). They are selling under sticker and in some cases at dealer cost. In fact if you wanted one today, they are plentiful without having to order. I bought mine under dealer invoice. You could have a fun drive back home and save a bundle. Mine is a GT Premium with red interior and all other options offered except the Shaker 1000. I value my hearing, so I went with the Shaker 500.
Old 02-26-2006, 07:22 PM
gregariousgreg
2nd Gear Member

Thanks. Any stories of people buying them for under invoice is great ammo to use against the salesman. Texas would be quite the treck for me though :P

I too was amazed when I looked at that second sticker price. You'd think they wouldn't pull that on such a high sales-volume car. I guess there's a sucker born every minute though.
Old 02-26-2006, 07:38 PM
Redfire
3rd Gear Member

I bought mine at Wendle Ford in Spokane a year ago. It was the only GT they had, and they still sold it to me for sticker. They are as decent as any dealership and seem to really try to please.
Old 02-26-2006, 10:13 PM
Nautique
1st Gear Member

grego-

Bought mine at Courtesy Ford in Gig Harbor - went on internet to request a quote and it came back under MSRP. Went there and talked to them (didn't tell them at first about internet quote) and they stared at 2nd sticker - $4k over MSRP. I then told them about internet quote (maybe they didn't think I would show up) and they did honor the quote, I had gone to Mallon Ford in Tacoma and Korum in Puyallup and they said I would never buy a GT ragger for for less than $2K - $3k over MSRP. Really didn't like Courtesy as a dealership,
they were your typical salesmen "let me go talk to the manager crap", told them to cut the BS and honor the quote. Anyway, try them on the internet and see what you get when you get close to buying.
Old 02-26-2006, 10:18 PM
loadedpony

I have bought about 15-20 cars in my lifetime. There appears to be a game with the dealer added markup stickers. If you sort of go in with the attitude that "I don't want any of that stuff and I really dont need that car -- just give me one without it", you can start your discussions from Manufacturers MSRP at a very minimum. I always work from invoice now, and print off lots of stuff from the internet. The sales guy just wants to sell a car and if he can go to the manager with a bunch of documents you gave him that says he should sell the car for less, you will do better.
Old 02-26-2006, 10:36 PM
Shard Phoenix
2nd Gear Member

I took in an internet quote from the ford website, got the car at invoice and had them throw in tint and a clear bra. The downside? Have to wait 8-12 weeks for the beast to get here.
Old 02-27-2006, 04:00 AM
moses

Try Randy Good at Bowen-Scarff in Kent. Don't know if they have any on the lot but they've got the no dicker sticker thing going and their prices are usually good. I got my 05 GT in October '04 for more than $1k off MSRP. I think they usually go without any mark-up. It was their first 05 GT to arrive at the dealer and I picked it up the next day without having to order it. It had everything I was looking for...just got lucky. They're a pretty good dealership. Good luck.
Old 02-27-2006, 05:24 PM
KFC
1st Gear Member

I bought mine from Courtesy Ford in Portland Oregon. I bought on X-Plan so can't say what they would have have tried to sell it if I didn't have that deal.

I drove all the way up to Ford of Bellevue to buy a GT with a 5sp manual from them. The sales guy told me he'd sell on X-plan over the phone but when I got there his manager wouldn't go for selling a GT on Xplan. Since the sales guy made the mistake the manager told me he could make me a good deal by selling it at MSRP. Yea...great deal. It's a 6 hour drive round trip from Vancouver Wa. I was a bit peeved so I have to not recommend them.

3 days later a Silver GT with 5sp showed up at Courtesy, in portland, on a dealer trade....the guys at Courtesy were more than happy to set me up with my GT on the X-Plan. The car barely had time to sit on the lot before found it and bought it.
Old 02-27-2006, 05:46 PM
GTRacing
1st Gear Member

What is an XPlan?

Quick Reply: buying in WA