In Memory Of... Post a thread in memorial of a loved one. Pictures and thoughts are welcome.

WV coal miners lost in explosion

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 09:17 AM
iROK24/7
2nd Gear Member

NO apology necessary Shella... totally understandable. My "style" of communication can come across somewhat dry & intellectual. People don't realize I've got a heart, whereas yours is on your sleeve for all to see & it's beautiful.
Old 04-10-2010, 07:04 AM
SaddleUp
5th Gear Member

The last four miners were located last night around 2330 during the fourth rescue attempt. They too were killed by the methane gas explosion.

WV lost 29 working men.

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers.
Old 04-10-2010, 02:03 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

My thoughts and prayers have been and continue to be with the families and friends of those lost. Thanks for the post, Shella. Their spirits are thankful too, I'm sure.
Old 04-16-2010, 01:10 PM
CodyTRX

I know this thread has kind of died off and I'm a brand new member but I just wanted to say me and my family have been praying for these people. I nearly lost my brother in a mining accident a few years ago - he was disabled and now is on a comp check due to a roof bolt malfunction. My brother-in-law works in Wyoming currently. So, my condolences definately go out to the families.
Old 04-16-2010, 03:55 PM
SaddleUp
5th Gear Member

Thank you so much for the kind words. There hasn't been lots of replies lately, but certainly does not mean these men and their families have not been on my heart and mind. I just recently met a gentleman that had just quit Upper Big Branch mine one week prior to this tragedy. He spoke so highly and respectfully of all the guys that lost their lives.

Over and over I heard on the news and read online "If only we could see a miracle happen"....... Perhaps we did. We witnessed a group of men rally together, eager to make every effort to save their fallen "brothers". They didn't hover in fear and retreat from the devastation......they displayed the true spirit of courage and determination to help some people in need.

I could never imagine the grief these families have suffered, but I pray the backbone and conviction of the rescue workers to get to their love ones offers some sense of comfort.

Btw.....welcome to MF. It's good to have another fellow West Virginian here!
Old 04-17-2012, 10:03 AM
BaltRavens
2nd Gear Member

I remember this its tough business. I feel for the families half my family works in coal mines. Its pretty dangerous and very hard line of work... to all the coal miners alive and passed, you have my respect.
Old 04-18-2012, 10:54 AM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

My condolences to all whom were effected.
Old 05-12-2012, 02:44 AM
amg55driver

Wow never knew this until now...
Old 05-31-2012, 06:26 AM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

My dad was a coal miner and crushed from the waist down and cleaved half of his face off while his boss was killed in a cave in. They thought my dad had died because of the gravity of his injuries but he came to when they were driving him back into town in the ambulance. It took many years for him to recover and it financially devastated our family.

Never once has he ever complained about what happened to him and he's only expressed sorrow at the loss of his friend and gladness that he is still here with us today.

Underground coal mining is a tough life, but it's a proud one and short of the fighting men and women of our military, the hardest men you'll likely ever meet. Even today at 62 and my 41st birthday looming...Im sure he could kick my ***.

My condolences and heart felt prayers go out to those families who Im sure are holding their heads high in honor of their fallen. God bless.
Old 06-03-2012, 07:49 PM
Order_66
2nd Gear Member

a RIP section is not complete without remembering Patrice Oneal. the greatest comedian the world has ever known.

also, RIP Mitch Hedberg, Richard Pryor, Sam Kinison, Greg Geraldo, George Carlin and Chris Farley.

may you all be in heaven doing mass quantities of your favorite drugs.

also RIP Hank the angry drunken dwarf.

Quick Reply: WV coal miners lost in explosion