Mach 1 Section This section is for discussions relating to the reincarnation of the Mach 1 trimline.

recent races

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2007, 05:46 AM
pandaj
1st Gear Member

Default recent races

just thought it would be fun to start a thread with recent action included, after alli assue it is part of the reason we own these, talkstreet or strip, if street is against forum policy we'll make it all legal. DONT be afraid to post losses, we cant win them all...

guess ill go first since i started this...

my first race ever in my mach was against a ls1 (i was so happy what are the odds). i was in LA at ariund 12 am, i had my gf in the car goin home. i was in the left lane about to turn. across the street there was this copper colored SS with chrome corvette rims, looked pretty nice. he was at a gas station and as he was about to pull out, he saw me, u-turned and got set up to pull out on the same street i would be turning on. i try to teach my gf things about cars all the time but its difficult, i told her "that is the ss camaro, the fast one, look, you can tell he wants to race me, he' waiting for me." (u could tell he was an antsy/agressive driver, every little move he made was quick and xagerateda hemoved around in the gas station.as my light turned green, i got to second in the middle of the intersection. as i straightened up, he pulled around me. I didnt wait to honk, i didnt signal, or nothin i just punched it and he did too at relatively the sam time. mach owners no what happens when you floor it at 30-40mph in scond gear, the car leaps quick!! i went to third and pulled a car on him with my shift and i just left it there untill redline, he wasnt pulling on me but i wasn't leaving him, we stayed even after i gained a car on him. i just let off after that, gas is too expensive and he wasn't pulling, plus my gf was gripping the seat telling me to slow down.

The race was over and he pulls up next to me and revs hard again!! i told my gf, he just got dealt with and he's coming up beside me reving to restore any dignity i give him, i didnt rev back, he knew what was up, he didnt really want it again, i let him go in front of me so he could see what its like, his license plate said race or die, well i guesshesays it all ---> [sm=owned.gif]

QUESTION: why do maro owners insist on insulting our stangs? "rustangs" "mustinks" "mustangs get walked by maro's any day of the week, what day was that then? havent they heard of a mach?4v's are notpunk engines, either are ls1's butafter my experience, ls1's are nothing to fear. i dont no why i used to, i guess the name carries a lot ofconotation.

give respect to all american muscle, give hell to all who challenge
Old 09-08-2007, 04:56 PM
radaman
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: recent races

Most guys post in the street race section here.
Old 09-08-2007, 06:16 PM
pandaj
1st Gear Member

thanks, never scrolled down that far lol, i go straight to 4.6 modular then mach most the time
Old 09-08-2007, 08:00 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

If you want to find out what your car will really do against an LS1, go to the track and race one. That way, you know both of you are leaving at the same time and you can talk to whoever you race and find out what mods they have as well. Don't get me wrong, I love street racing as much as the next guy,(in certain areas)but it's not an accurate test between two vehicles at all. I own a 98 Z28 and a 2004 Mach. I can honestly say that stock vs. stock, they are even. Or at least a drivers race. On the other hand, 2004 and older stock GTs will get raped by Machs and LS1s.
Old 09-08-2007, 08:13 PM
MACH5IVE
3rd Gear Member

In all honesty that wasnt a fair race...
Old 09-09-2007, 01:10 PM
pandaj
1st Gear Member

my buddy just taught me how to launch with the hand break, that is really fun! i definately want to go to the track. being a college student not much time to do so, all my races are street, in all fairness to him it was not perfect, no street race is unless you line up or honk and even then its scketchy. mine and his reaction waspretty even though. it definately is a drivers race stock for stock though and i will definately try and see what it can do when time permits.