Mach 1 Section This section is for discussions relating to the reincarnation of the Mach 1 trimline.

When is a MACH 1 not a MACH 1??

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 05:54 PM
jrherald420
5th Gear Member

Default RE: When is a MACH 1 not a MACH 1??

damn..........i just dont know what to say...........wow.....is mine a cobra?????? i dont know?!?!?!
Old 04-21-2008, 06:41 PM
whodini72

Dont knock the poor guy too hard- people who arent mustang enthusiasts wouldnt know a mach 1 over a GT if it had mach badges, give him props for wanting a mach! He's already suffering enuf as it is ;(
Old 04-21-2008, 08:22 PM
HamMach1
5th Gear Member

I'm still very disappointed in what I'm hearing. Some shmuck completely robbed the poor guy. Society... *sigh*.
Now how cool would it be if you thought you bought a GT but was really a Mach?
Old 04-21-2008, 08:50 PM
rygi23
4th Gear Member

I doesn't matter if you did your homework or not. You should have, but you should not accept it. If you financed it through the dealer, it'll be a definate to have a lawyer b/c the dealer will not want to go back on the deal b/c there is already an outside financial institution involved. If you don'tget the s..t right, you're eating atleast $3k of your hard earned money b/c you would've paid way overeven the full retailfor a GT.
Old 04-21-2008, 09:03 PM
5.0 85 GT
3rd Gear Member

yea deff i feel soo bad, but for 18k u coulda got a real mach...go abck there and tlell us what happened snap some pics too..
Old 04-22-2008, 04:51 AM
bolt.com
1st Gear Member

Well............I figured to get some serious flaming on this and indeed, I didnt give it a close enough look. Frankly, I thought the dealer didnt know he had a Mach 1 and was selling it as just a Mustang...........

Car had shaker hood, Mach 1 shift ****, Mach 1 badging in the rear and under the hood, that square silver plate under the hood that says something like "Mach 1, #XX built by Ford". I missed the 32 valve difference, the c-pillar window difference, the chin spoiler ( absent on this car). the stripe on the rocker panel, the guage cluster etc.................

Bottom line is..............I went out there yesterday and the sales manager basically told me to go scratch. I said, "Give me my car back or I want a check for $3,000." He laughed and said, 'Sorry guy................". I went to see my attorney and hes looking into sending a letter to them regarding "misrepresenting a sale........." or something like that. I'll know more later today.

Having said that, Im sort of in the pseudo process of resigning myself to having made a poor buying descision and trying to embrace what is obviously a GT Mustang. My payments are the same as I was making on the Altima and although I think at this point my Alti was quicker, it seems over time I can make this unit alot faster.

The car is all stock..................which in a way is conforting because I know the previous owner was interested in................well, its obvious now..............!!! Upon close inspection yesterday, i also missed that the intake piping from the shaker hood to the area by the plastic air filter shroud looks to have been cut out what a razor blade.........a real hatchet job.......so I dont even think the ram air effect is really functional. If I end up keeping the car, do you think I should just remove it? Also..........Im getting a bonus check this week from work for about $300............do you guys recommend I do a cai? I can see that the air filter is pretty dirty........a K&N cone.

I see the 16V 4.6 is sort of limited as compared to the MACH 32 valve.................but maybe over time, I can mod the GT here to be able to run about 300 at the crank............

One thing is for sure.........Ive been modding imports for 15 years now and the price of things is a goof. Exhaust stuff the the Mustang seems to be about 1/3 the price of similar parts for Nissans.........
Old 04-22-2008, 07:35 AM
HamMach1
5th Gear Member

Don't settle for a GT for 18k!!
Bring it up to the dealer, show them all of the pieces that are missing (like the engine lol), and either get some money back or get your car back.

Question: Was it actually listed as a Mach 1?
Old 04-22-2008, 07:51 AM
jchittick
3rd Gear Member

I have owned a GT and a Mach is a much better vehicle to mod. It is much more responsive to mods. I definitely would not accept that you made a mistake, the dealer flat out lied to you and is now propering off a dressed up GT. For $18k, you can find a Mach on M1R and maybe even have a little left over for minor mods.

Bottom line from 100% of the Mach community, take that **** back and get a Mach!
Old 04-22-2008, 08:38 AM
jmac72187
corner carver

Did the dealer list the car and try and sell it as a Mach or did you assume that it was a Mach?

If it was listed as one then you can deal with it in a legal way. If it wasn't listed like that then you may be simply our of luck.
Old 04-22-2008, 09:31 AM
groundpounder
Sith Lord/Site Mod

do not settle. Even if it's on basic priniciples. The car was materially misrepresented to you, intentional or not.

It was marketed as a Mach and it wasn't. Stick to your guns. You have a case...

Quick Reply: When is a MACH 1 not a MACH 1??