Mach 1 Section This section is for discussions relating to the reincarnation of the Mach 1 trimline.

Got in an accident

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 09:58 AM
HamMach1
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Got in an accident

I'd rather have the SRT-4 Neon than the Caliber. The Calibers look like mini Aztecs and the Aztecs are one of the most hideous looking cars I've seen... but it comes with a free tent!!

Good luck with whatever you do man! Sorry to hear about the Mach [:'(]Women should have to take additional testing before they get their license. One test for every emotion/mood/mindset/accessory (phone, etc)they have.
Old 04-25-2008, 10:11 AM
USMCrebel
Mach I Section Moderator

yeah im gonan run a modded STI soon along with some bimmers and a Charger R/T.

can i make a suggestion? well im going to

if they total it out, and there isnt much frame damage buy a beater 2-3k.....and then rebuild. I would offer to do it for you, but im not yet certified.
option 2
-buy a beater
-buy a 5.4l from a lightening buy a USED 99-04 gt, pull that motor sell it place 5.4 in the GT. now you have a BITCHING platform, swap to GT500 heads and up the heaton to 14psi BAM termie killer, Z06 eater, most people dont understand the potential of the Lightening motor.

regardless buy a beater.
Old 04-25-2008, 06:53 PM
The Potato
3rd Gear Member

Get back in the v6!
Old 04-26-2008, 10:21 AM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

Car is in the collision shop and an insurance person is supposed come within the next few days to assess the damage and see if it's salvagable. My Dad said even if it is salvagable I think he wants me to sell it b/c once a car is in a front end crash, if it happens again the front end won't be as strong. The other reason I told you already ishe said is b/c the car doesn't have side air bags and onlya 3 star side crash test ratings.

I can't afford a beater car, b/c that will run me at least another $500-$1k for the car and another couple thousand a year in insurance which I can't do unless I wanna run a stock car as my non-beater and work more than I do.

No V6 b/c I have heard there manual trans blowing with stock psi vortech h/o kits. And if I got a V6 w/a stick I would want to turbocharge itrightoff the bat which would mean upgrading the trans aka $3k+ job.

The new mustangs are a little better on the ratings b/c they have a 4/5 star side crash test ratings and some have side air bags. I'm not sure I want one of those b/c there is so many on the road and I want something unique(I'm sure I could do exhaust and stuff, but it will never stand out like my mach).That is one of the reasons I like the SRT-4 Caliber. Supposedly loudstand out exhaust, turbo spool(a caiand a bov will make it sound nicer), fast enough to take or run with a stockmanual new edge gt from a roll, handles pretty good,a must5 star crash test ratings all around, and a growing aftermarket which is proven since there are neon srt-4's running 10's and low 11's with daily drivers. And it has abunch ofcoolfeatures like arefrigerated compartment for beverages, sport srt-4 seats, boost gauge, satellite radio freefor a couple of years, navigation built-in, 6cd mp3 player, forged internals and intercooler stock, underated numbers (people guess it's making around320hp and 300torque at the crank),room for me to carry stuff if needed with a big trunk, and better mpg(20/27).The neon srt-4 would be cool, butthey don't have great crash test ratings which is a must.Charger r/twould also be a choice, but they are pretty common and don't have a stick. Mazdaspeed3 is cool, buthas bad crash test ratings.NewCobalt ss is near perfect crash test ratings, but I don'tlike the styling at all and it'sonly a little quicker than the srt-4 caliber.

As you can see, I'm really leaning towards the SRT-4 caliber for anumber of reasons. If you see anything under $25k new that will stand out and has5 star crash test ratings all around or side and front air bags, post it please. Either way,I have to borrow one of mygrandma's cars for at least a week b/c collision said if insurance wants to have the car fixed and not totaled it's gonna take at least a week. Thanks guys forall the help .
Old 04-28-2008, 06:02 PM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

UPDATE:
Car is salvagable and I am going to keep it. Selling value would go down and I know I wouldn't be able to find a cooler and more powerful car for this price with these miles. It's being repaired at the shop and parts have been ordered. I should have it back within 2 weeks. Now time to plan for mods after I find out if insurance is going up or not.
Old 04-28-2008, 06:04 PM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

Forgot, I will post pics after it is fixed to see how well it was fixed and see if it is noticable it was in a front end crash.
Old 04-29-2008, 07:04 PM
rygi23
4th Gear Member

tell yo pops that the cars safety and integrity will only suffer if the frame suffers damage. Every piece other than that is supposed to crunch and it did ya good. Just make sure someone with the proper experience gives ya a heads up on the frame having no bending. Just trying to look out for a bro. Once ya get it back, you'll be glad ya still got it.
Old 04-29-2008, 08:53 PM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rygi23

tell yo pops that the cars safety and integrity will only suffer if the frame suffers damage. Every piece other than that is supposed to crunch and it did ya good. Just make sure someone with the proper experience gives ya a heads up on the frame having no bending. Just trying to look out for a bro. Once ya get it back, you'll be glad ya still got it.
Thanks!
Yeah, there was no frame damage. I'm keeping it andenjoying it for a long while more as long as it doesn't get totaled [X(]
Old 04-30-2008, 12:24 AM
USMCrebel
Mach I Section Moderator

im glad everything turned out ok....time to look for a beater

Old 04-30-2008, 07:42 AM
jmac72187
corner carver

Glad to hear that you are keeping the Mach. I think you will be happier with the Mach than you would be with the SRT-4.

Quick Reply: Got in an accident