Mach 1 Section This section is for discussions relating to the reincarnation of the Mach 1 trimline.

Got in an accident

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 04:25 PM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

Default Got in an accident

Yep, coming home from college. On a 6 lane road with a divider a girl jutted out across traffic trying to make a left from a side street with no light. I saw her when I was doing 45mph on a 50mph speed limit road and hit the brakes. I hit her going side of the carnear the hood area goingabout 15mph or 20mph. Her car is totaled they said, I'm a little woozy, and my car could possibly be totaled. My caris being taken to a tow shop and evaluated to see if it's salvagable.Cops and fire department weren't sure but I saw the whole front end was gone and my radiator was busted in pretty good. At leastit seems everyone involved is alright. I'm a little pissed b/c mycar could be done b/c some stupid girl tried to accomplish the impossible. Cops and 2 witnesses said it was 100% her fault, so I hope my insurancerates don't jump at allforwhatever car I am going to drivenext. No pics b/c Iwas shaken up a littlebut I think I described everything good. I'm gonna go eat andrelax now.
Old 04-24-2008, 04:58 PM
wakin3722

Default RE: Got in an accident

Sorry to hear. If your car is totaled see if you could pull the engine out along with any parts you have purchased. You could buy a used GT and replace the engine with your 4.6 DOHC, just an idea.Good luck. Hope everything works out.
Old 04-24-2008, 08:37 PM
jmac72187
corner carver

Sorry to hear that. Hope everything works out and you get into another car that makes you happy.
Old 04-24-2008, 09:01 PM
meechuacon
3rd Gear Member

Glad to hear no one got injured, except your car. I feel your pain, I wrecked my car about 8 weeks ago and I'm still down about it. But you'll get something else and time makes everything go away after a while. Oh yeah, did the air bags deploy?
Old 04-24-2008, 09:13 PM
rygi23
4th Gear Member

Your car is in my prayers. IMO you'd be better off if they total it and then you get another Mach. You know how cars are never quite right after a hit that hard. Plus, it sucks if you'd want to sell it in the distant future and you'd be forced to say that the car was in an accident bad enough for insurance to get involved. Either way, really sorry for ya man.
Old 04-24-2008, 09:18 PM
FrostByte
5th Gear Member

Sorry to hear, bummer. I HOPE YOUR NECK FEELS BETTER, SHOULD SEE DOC ASP!!!Some times you dont get pain till day after w/ NECK INJURYS.
Old 04-24-2008, 09:21 PM
groundpounder
Sith Lord/Site Mod

ORIGINAL: SteelStang05
At leastit seems everyone involved is alright.
thank goodness for THAT!!! You can always get another car. Scratch that, another Mach. I found one for ya

YOUR NEW MACH
Old 04-25-2008, 12:06 AM
USMCrebel
Mach I Section Moderator

get it steel!

im sorry to hear about your car, if someone hits my car there will be a fatality (mortal kombat style)

Old 04-25-2008, 12:52 AM
NotStok
3rd Gear Member

Wow man that's terrible to hear. I LOVED your car.

Good luck, man.
Old 04-25-2008, 09:38 AM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

Thanks guys for all the support.

Air Bags didn't deploy for some reason, although if they did I probably would have gotten whiplash from them.

I checked values for my car and insurance should pay me $20k-$21k if the car is totaled. Which I hope it is, because with all the damage that I could see done it would cost at least $4k to fix, and no car is the same after an accident like that.

Wooziness isgone and I have no pain anywhere that I didn't have from playing sports over the past week (basketball, hockey, handball, etc) so I am probably fine.

And no I can't afford a supercharged mach .

rebel, nice to see your kill list grew again, taking an SRT-8 Charger

My dad who put insurance under his name checked the stang's crash test ratings after the accident. 5 Star front crash test and 3 star side. He didn't like the 3 star side crash test rating at all. And since he put insurance under his name so I could save a few thousand dollarsa year, he will have say in my next car if this is totaled. He wants something with 5 star crash test ratings all around or something with front and side air bags. In this category from what I have seen is bothair bag GT's, SRT-4 Caliber(which I didn't know was a mid 14 sec car stock, damn respectable for a mini suv), and a charger r/t. I can get my dad to loan me some money for the srt-4 or charger r/t b/c he's a mopar man.I know I'm not gonna find another mach for $20k or less with 2k miles, probably I can find one w/30k miles or more and it'sgonna needairbags all around. I could probably find some gt with air bags all around, but do I want a gt or something out of the ordinary like an SRT-4 caliber? I know the GT won't react that well to mods atall, most owners have trouble getting by 310rwhpw/anumber ofbolt-ons and I was probably about there with a tune and2/3's exhaust.I'm so confused. I'm a sucker for bov's and that turbo sound so I may get the SRT-4 if my car is totaled. I know the aftermarket is still growing for srt-4's, I know I could get a cat-back, headers, cai, blow off valveand still be under warranty. I don't know if that's beatable [8D]. To bad I can't get a dynotune forthesrt-4 tillthe 3yr warranty is over or I'd lose it. Tune's on turbo car's cut-off a good1/2 second in the quarter or more. It just make sense to go SRT-4 over a gt, wait a few years and then supercharge/turbocharge it. What do you guys think?
Here's some caliber SRT-4 links:
http://www.edmunds.com/apps/vdpconta...9/pageNumber=1
http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/ro...rt4/index.html

Quick Reply: Got in an accident