Mach 1 Section This section is for discussions relating to the reincarnation of the Mach 1 trimline.

Heh I am pissed and upset

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 03:05 PM
jerzeemedia

Default Heh I am pissed and upset

So today I went to a coin-op car wash because my water line's got a leak here waiting to be fixed. No problem. Low pressure, had my own wash with me just used their water. As I'm cleaning it, there's a few things I notice. Mind you, this car to me is as a child is to a parent.

First thing, black streaks down the side scoops by the doors. I had a microfiber sponge, so I just applied pressure and moved over it a million times - no dice. How the hell do you get rid of these? (It's a yellow car - looks disgusting)

Second thing, some piece of garbage must have miscalculated when they were parking or backing out because now I've got some cuts and a little dent in the back about a half inch wide and pushed in about a quarter inch. Any way to fix this without going into a shop? Maybe some putty and touch-up paint?

Third thing, scratches like crazy near the gas tank. I'm guessing (as I've seen this before myself with my car) that the previous owner when they got gas the pump jumped out and probably caught the side. Anything over-the-counter to fix these?

And the last and probably one of the worst is on the passenger side splotches of what I thought prior to washing were just scrapes, paint. I mean globbed on. The fu**ing (I censored that) dealer must have done it so it would appear perfect before I brought it home. There's no way I'm guessing to fix this without a sanding and paint job.

Overall, it looks like I might have to get a paint job but I'm afraid to because of so many **** shops out there. I mean that's just my drastic opinion, can anyone else maybe input something? I'm really pissed/upset right now because I keep this car as perfect as possible.

Thanks a lot.

J
Old 05-07-2008, 03:37 PM
meechuacon
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Heh I am pissed and upset

I was the same way with my last car, then i totalled it by hitting a tree. So sometimes the little things don't matter as much. But just find a shop that's maticulous and go with them and remember, you usually get what you pay for.
Old 05-07-2008, 04:06 PM
.boB
3rd Gear Member

You can either keep your car pristine, or you can drive it. You can't do both.

Cleaning streaks is not always that difficult. Try bug and tar remover. Also, try WD-40. DO NOT use anything silicone based.

Small scrathes can sometimes be rubbed out with fine polishing compound. It's lightly abrasive, so be carefull.
Old 05-07-2008, 08:20 PM
jerzeemedia

Thanks guys, and thanks bob i'll give that a shot.
Old 05-09-2008, 03:20 PM
wakin3722

Sorry about what happened.

I would suggest if you do go to a car wash machine.That you only use the pressurized water one's, not the older car wash machine that uses a circulating tumbler to clean the car. Who knows when they last changed them out or clean them.