Mach 1 Section This section is for discussions relating to the reincarnation of the Mach 1 trimline.

@&%$&@&#^#*$*##*#&@@%%$!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 01:33 PM
03MachMe
2nd Gear Member

Default @&%$&@&#^#*$*##*#&@@%%$!!!!!!!!!!

ok so here is the story i was dropping my gf off at class this morning when i realized my clutch was a lil closer to the floor than i like it and i have a firewall adjuster so i can fix that easy right. so when i get home i adjust it closer to me and go back to sleep when she wakes me up for lunch i drive over there and realize that its too close now! so i figre alright just go back half as much as i went forward no biggie done it before so on the way home im comming to a red light so i push the clutch in and *POP* clutch goes all the way to the floor and doesnt engauge the clutch at all. im thinking im screwed my clutch is gone. so i pull over to the left turn lane and turn my hazards on and try to see what the problem was so as im looking around under the hood at the cable and adjuster and under the dash at the pedal and the steeda quick release i see that there is waaayyy to much slack. a denton police officer pulls up behind me and asks if i need help i say just to push it into the parking lot on the other side of the street so he stops traffic ands helps me push as my gf stears. (see cops can be nice too) so i call my roommate and have him come look at it because he knows a lil more than i do so i can see if he can figure it out. well after 30 min of tinkering with things we determine its prolly just the cable. its kinda hard to explan but here it goes the clutch cable is a bunch of lil cables all around a tube looking thing wraped by metal and some rubber. well it had split the rubber and moves all the little cables to the bottom of the tube but still inside the metal all holding it together if that makes any sense at all. so im having it towed to my performance shop (Gearheads) for free thanks to my best friends dads insurance. and we will see if all i have to do is replace the cable or if i need a new clutch (lets pray not because i dont have the money for that) just thought i would vent and see if anyone else even knows what im talking about..
Old 06-30-2008, 02:06 PM
jrherald420
5th Gear Member

Default RE: @&%$&@&#^#*$*##*#&@@%%$!!!!!!!!!!

sounds like the cable just snapped. i was warned about this buy alot of people on this site when i installed my steeda adjustable cable kit. one guy said that he broke 3 steeda cables before he went back to the factory cable.
Old 06-30-2008, 02:19 PM
jmac72187
corner carver

OEM clutch cable FTW!
Old 06-30-2008, 02:19 PM
03MachMe
2nd Gear Member

good to know im going to see if i can get a ford cable at the shop thanks for the help!!!
Old 06-30-2008, 02:53 PM
USMCrebel
Mach I Section Moderator

yeah, thats one piece ford doesnt cut out on is the clutch cable...20yr old clutch cable in junkyards still arent breaking .
Old 06-30-2008, 04:35 PM
jrherald420
5th Gear Member

ive still got mine just in case!!!!!